• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WFAN rumor: Mets interested in Hamilton

NJHalo

haven't read all the posts on this thread -- headline seemed too good to be true-- which means it probably is.

New York would be a disaster for Hamilton but who cares?  If we can dump his contract (we would have to pay part of it to be sure) -- I wouldn't mind getting mid-level pitching prospects in return.

we'd be net ahead...........

Yeah, I think Hamilton is a cancer too. Several people mentioned that he's at least an average player, so you're getting something out of him. ...but that's projecting his averageness over a full season (and the chances of him playing more than 100 games are pretty slim). So he's a part time, average player who sucks all the air out of the room.

If he got a kick out of the DFW and Anaheim fans he'll wet his pants laughing about the fans in Queens.

*but, there's a chance that he'll get one of those new NutraSystem blenders, call Miss Cleo, and get some of those magnetic thread bracelet things and show up in February in the best shape of his career.

Edited by starving

Yeah, I think Hamilton is a cancer too. Several people mentioned that he's at least an average player, so you're getting something out of him. ...but that's projecting his averageness over a full season (and the chances of him playing more than 100 games are pretty slim). So he's a part time, average player who sucks all the air out of the room.

If he got a kick out of the DFW and Anaheim fans he'll wet his pants laughing about the fans in Queens.

*but, there's a chance that he'll get one of those new NutraSystem blenders, call Miss Cleo, and get some of those magnetic thread bracelet things and show up in February in the best shape of his career.

He already tried "juicing" before the start of the 2013 season. He showed up ridiculous underweight and was terrible for the first half of the year until someone [temporarily] knocked some sense into him, put him back on a sensible diet, and he got back up to a reasonable weight later in the season.

Back in school I had a science teacher who said he'd immediately dock a letter grade from anyone who showed up with one of those ridiculous bracelets. Don Baylor should adopt a similar policy.

Edited by ScottLux

If they Angels are serious about winning next year (World Series) they only need to look at the make up of the Royals and Giants outfields.  The Angels have Trout and Calhoun.  They need a LF in the mold of Calhoun - cheap, hustler, good defense and a grinder at the plate.  Not a PRIMA DONNA like Hamilton.  Pay $15M / year of Hamilton's salary for another team to take him...straight up no trade and use the $10M saved (and give all Angel fans the relief of not having to watch Hamilton not give a s--- every at bat) to sign a mid-level pitcher and LF.  It can be done for $10M - Vargas makes $8M and Ioki $1.25.  And on someone taking Hamilton?  He's a lot better upside than Wells did when the Angels fell in that pile of Hamilton.

He already tried "juicing" before the start of the 2013 season. He showed up ridiculous underweight and was terrible for the first half of the year until someone [temporarily] knocked some sense into him, put him back on a sensible diet, and he got back up to a reasonable weight later in the season.

Back in school I had a science teacher who said he'd immediately dock a letter grade from anyone who showed up with one of those ridiculous bracelets. Don Baylor should adopt a similar policy.

Maybe he should try a different type of juicing!

i think if any team is serious about trading for hamilton, you have to listen to their offer.

i'm no longer a hamilton fan. two years of flailing is enough for me. if someone is willing to take him, you have to hear them out and see what they'd give us. that being said, i fully expect hamilton will be back next year and i hope he figures out whatever it is he's been failing to do successfully. we could use his bat.

Niese has seen his strikeouts go down and his velocity go down and has dealt with arm issues. Plus, he's owed a decent amount of money. 

While Hamilton looks like a bust, I wouldn't really be in favor for this trade unless the Mets ate enough of Hamilton's contact. Plus, the move to the AL seems like it would hurt Niese. 

It's still an interesting scenario if true. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Niese if the Angels can have the Mets shed a good amount of Hamilton's deal. 

Edited by Angels_Baseball

I'm all for the Wells trading away treatment for Hackilton.

Problem is, Wells was owed a lot less than Hackilton currently is owed, when he was traded from the Halos to the Skanks. 

What is with these guys coming here and sucking so bad in this ballpark?

At least Pujols has been decent at home since 2012 (barely over .800 OPS).

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'm all for the Wells trading away treatment for Hackilton.

Problem is, Wells was owed a lot less than Hackilton currently is owed, when he was traded from the Halos to the Skanks. 

What is with these guys coming here and sucking so bad in this ballpark?

At least Pujols has been decent at home since 2012 (barely over .800 OPS).

Wells, Pujols, and Hamilton all showed glaring signs of decline before we acquired them. 

Sean Burnett is the only latest bust acquisition I believe  we can chalk up to bad luck. 

Wells, Pujols, and Hamilton all showed glaring signs of decline before we acquired them. 

Sean Burnett is the only latest bust acquisition I believe  we can chalk up to bad luck. 

Which again gets back to maybe this org being piss poor at doing due diligence, and only being interested in the name of the player?