• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Proud Fan

floplag

i know im gonna get railed by the failos but thats one of those them problems, as a fan of this team for almost 40 years now im very happy for the season we had. 

We were written off at the beginning of the year, even more after a poor start, even moreso when the Tigers and As made key trades and ours were dismissed, even more again when we had some injuries... and yet the team pulled it together and had one of the best regular seasons in team history overall and set a very strong foundation and balance for the foreseeable future. 

Yes, the DS was painful, the first 2 games were great baseball, we just came up short.  Whether some wish to admit it or not the post season is a crapshoot, its a matter of getting hot at the right time, and everything clicked for KC, props to them, good luck in the CS.  Im pretty sure he As for example would trade places in a new york minute.. for that matter so would NY, but i digress.

We have some issues to address in the off season as there always are regardless of outcome, well see as the off season goes and im sure they will be discussed ad nauseam here as its been for the last few years. 

OK, blast away... and have a peachy day

I'm almost certain that 90% of us posters (me included) figured that everything had to go right for the Angels to even sniff the postseason this year.  The team has exceeded all expectations. Yeah, the ALDS sucked big donkey balls (no, not Dunn), but to even get to the playoffs this year I think was quite an achievement. 

i know im gonna get railed by the failos but thats one of those them problems, as a fan of this team for almost 40 years now im very happy for the season we had. 

We were written off at the beginning of the year, even more after a poor start, even moreso when the Tigers and As made key trades and ours were dismissed, even more again when we had some injuries... and yet the team pulled it together and had one of the best regular seasons in team history overall and set a very strong foundation and balance for the foreseeable future. 

Yes, the DS was painful, the first 2 games were great baseball, we just came up short.  Whether some wish to admit it or not the post season is a crapshoot, its a matter of getting hot at the right time, and everything clicked for KC, props to them, good luck in the CS.  Im pretty sure he As for example would trade places in a new york minute.. for that matter so would NY, but i digress.

We have some issues to address in the off season as there always are regardless of outcome, well see as the off season goes and im sure they will be discussed ad nauseam here as its been for the last few years. 

OK, blast away... and have a peachy day

Great post.  Although I don't like the term "crap shoot", the post season is about which very good baseball team is hot v. who isn't.  

The Angels were a flawed team that over came their flaws.  Two incredible games by KC and one predictable one by CJ Wilson is the reason why we were swept.

I am also proud to be Angel fan.  They had a great season.

Sosh:  Manager of the Year

Dipoto:  GM of the Year

Here's a question that begs asking.

Did that one month tear they went on after losing GRich maybe burn the team out?

It's like the lights were turned out for good, right after clinching the AL West.

I believe the Angels were playing on such an emotional high that once they clinched the AL West they let up.  I don't think it so much of being burned out v. their emotional intensity let up and the term came back to earth.

Why even make changes this offseason?  Since we acquired the result everyone was looking for, best record in baseball and the division title, shouldnt that mean we just bring the same roster back?  If the playoffs are just a sample size, just hope to get lucky again next year.  Why make changes.

good point

I know I'm going to get blasted, but here goes anyway...

I am the greatest Angels fan in the world and the only one who's opinion about the Angels matters.  If I think they did an awesome job then that's exactly what they did and anyone who disagrees with my assessment of the team is a ^(&ing moron.

I like the fact that the Angels were able to put together an amazing run in the regular season because that's 162 games of pure joy, especially when the team ends up with a winning record because, in the end, people don't ask whether or not the team won the World Series, they ask who kicked ass during the regular season.  Besides, since the playoffs are only a month long and the regular season is 6 months long, that means that the Angels are the best team in baseball in 2014.

Besides, we don't see Angels getting paid to play in the post season, the contracts are for the whole year. Why should it matter that 3 games into the post-season the Angels are already out, that's only bonus baseball anyway.

The team performed wonderfully all year long and there was never any doubt about who the best team was. The only real problem with having the best record in baseball is that, in effect, the season ends too early, they've already crossed the finish line at that point.  If anything, we were robbed of any meaningful baseball in late September.

And so, I'll sleep well tonight knowing that future generations will look back at 2014 and know that the Angels ruled the roost this year.

And if you don't agree with everything I just said, you're a ^*&(ing moron.

I am the greatest Angels fan in the world and the only one who's opinion about the Angels matters.  If I think they did an awesome job then that's exactly what they did and anyone who disagrees with my assessment of the team is a ^(&ing moron.

I like the fact that the Angels were able to put together an amazing run in the regular season because that's 162 games of pure joy, especially when the team ends up with a winning record because, in the end, people don't ask whether or not the team won the World Series, they ask who kicked ass during the regular season.  Besides, since the playoffs are only a month long and the regular season is 6 months long, that means that the Angels are the best team in baseball in 2014.

Besides, we don't see Angels getting paid to play in the post season, the contracts are for the whole year. Why should it matter that 3 games into the post-season the Angels are already out, that's only bonus baseball anyway.

The team performed wonderfully all year long and there was never any doubt about who the best team was. The only real problem with having the best record in baseball is that, in effect, the season ends too early, they've already crossed the finish line at that point.  If anything, we were robbed of any meaningful baseball in late September.

And so, I'll sleep well tonight knowing that future generations will look back at 2014 and know that the Angels ruled the roost this year.

Brilliant.

GIFS-OK.gif

i see the naysayers finally showed up... never seen such hatred in a fan base of the team they follow.. must make for a miserable existence. 
oh well, enjoy it i guess... if you can
i look forward to reading the laughable ideas to trade or decapitate players and coaches that have no basis  in reality in the off season

I'm leaving this thread.

1290708698_magic-chair.gif

i see the naysayers finally showed up... never seen such hatred in a fan base of the team they follow.. must make for a miserable existence. 

oh well, enjoy it i guess... if you can

i look forward to reading the laughable ideas to trade or decapitate players and coaches that have no basis  in reality in the off season

You haven't been on a New York Jets message board, have you?  

I would like to think, naively perhaps, that one can be proud of all the success the team had this season (I'll remember that sweep of Oakland and seeing the Angels win at Fenway Park), as well as the individual accomplishments (emergence of some good young pitchers, Calhoun, etc.)  And at the same time, one can be incredibly frustrated by the way the team rolled over to an admittedly hot Royals team and the aftermath that has followed, notably Scioscia and our stars acting like this was just another series and everything is fine. 

I would like to think, naively perhaps, that one can be proud of all the success the team had this season (I'll remember that sweep of Oakland and seeing the Angels win at Fenway Park), as well as the individual accomplishments (emergence of some good young pitchers, Calhoun, etc.)  And at the same time, one can be incredibly frustrated by the way the team rolled over to an admittedly hot Royals team and the aftermath that has followed, notably Scioscia and our stars acting like this was just another series and everything is fine. 

What would you like them to do, burn down the Kansas City clubhouse, act like children, LOL.  I thought Scisocia's comments following the series showed good sportsmanship, were a fair assessment of what happened, and provided some comfort and support for his team as to what they did achieve this year.

I'm pretty blown away that so many here have put so much emphasis of something the Angels have done in fewer than 2% of their collective seasons in existence. In the majority of the seasons played in the history of baseball, having the best record in your league is what put you into the World Series. Recently they've created new revenue streams and now we want to dismiss the 6 months of baseball that was fun and exciting to be part of because they aren't going do something they've done once in 54 years. 

I guess I just don't understand the logic in spending half a year following something just to call it unworthy. I'm disappointed that they went out like this and there's surely things they could have done differently to go further but dismissing the regular season accomplishments as a participation ribbon is as childish as those who play for those ribbons. 

why the Hades would i ever visit a Jets board?

of course you can be both.. i am.. not once have i said i wasnt disappointed or upset over how it ended... but im not going to go off the deep end wanting to fire everyone, cut everyone, and blow up a roster that just won 98... its cutting off the nose to spite the face, its stupid really.