• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest Concern Against KC

Anyone else notice the way they ran wild on the A's. Iannetta isn't throwing anyone out, plus our pitchers aren't particularly quick to the plate. KC may end up with RISP every inning against the Angels.

That's probably my main concern facing KC. I know we can outhit them and we have just enough pitching to match them.

Their speedster guys aren't great hitters...just gotta keep them on the bases, because they will run wild on the Halos catchers.

Angels have the much better offense that can outslug them with power, and I don't think KC has any real advantage rotation wise. Bullpen...KC has more dominant arms, but results wise both are top tier so it's a push

I really like how the Angels match up with this team. Went 3-3 vs them during the season fwiw

no matter who we face, there's going to be advantages and disadvantages for both teams. in this case, the angels are going to have to contend with a strong running game, which is not our strength. however, yost's small ball bunts may cost the royals games because that shit is dumb. end of the lesson.

Edited by ukyah

The Royals are going to steal if they're on base. Really it's the only way they can score runs. The Angels can score runs on rallies but also on homeruns. I think the Royals are S.O.L if they think they can beat the Angels the same way they beat the A's. Our offense is way too powerful to rely on all steals to get you a win.

The Royals are going to steal if they're on base. Really it's the only way they can score runs. The Angels can score runs on rallies but also on homeruns. I think the Royals are S.O.L if they think they can beat the Angels the same way they beat the A's. Our offense is way too powerful to rely on all steals to get you a win.

Maybe, but the A'ss did score 8 runs against them and lost so......

We talked about this quite a bit in the gameday thread last night. My view is that the Angels need to accept that the Royals are going to steal some bases and not get too distracted by it. Stick to the plan: score more runs than you give up. Be smart about throwing down the second, realize when you're beat. And make it up at the plate.