• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill Hall is back

jshep

With the big league club?

Nope.

Utility man Bill Hall has rejoined the Angels organization, according to his Twitter page.  The Halos had released Hall last month, avoiding paying him a $100K retention bonus.  He battled some nagging injuries during Spring Training.

Hall notes that he'll be heading to extended spring training.  The 33-year-old appeared briefly with the Orioles last year, spending most of the season hitting .246/.300/.430 at Triple-A while playing mostly second and third base.  Hall's 35 home runs in 2006 are the most in baseball history for someone who played at least three games each at shortstop, third base, center field, and second base.  Previously, Felix Mantilla hit 30 bombs in 1964 while playing each of those positions.

Good for him.

This is why sports stats, especially baseball, are hilarious and not taken too seriously:

"Hall's 35 home runs in 2006 are the most in baseball history for someone who played at least three games each at shortstop, third base, center field, and second base.  Previously, Felix Mantilla hit 30 bombs in 1964 while playing each of those positions."

You can literally make up any stat and use it for just about any player.

Good for him.

This is why sports stats, especially baseball, are hilarious and not taken too seriously:

"Hall's 35 home runs in 2006 are the most in baseball history for someone who played at least three games each at shortstop, third base, center field, and second base.  Previously, Felix Mantilla hit 30 bombs in 1964 while playing each of those positions."

You can literally make up any stat and use it for just about any player.

Good for him!  I always root for the Old guys!

*I'm the only guy to take his spikes off and try to stab somebody.

Call me "Happy DC"

Every little bit counts.  If the difference between Bill Hall and Brenden Harris is a win over the course of a season,  then it matters. 

Yep. Imagine if Callaspo goes down. It wouldn't kill us to have Hall in his place. 

Shoot, our drop off from any other position player going down would be seriously mitigated by the ability to use Hall over Harris.

There is a reason he only got a minor league contract. He just isn't that good. He's not even a replacement level player. He has a career 92 wrc+ and a negative WAR.

I would rather see Cowart at 3B if Callaspo goes down than Hall. Maybe even Jimenez.

This is a clear indictment against our putrid farm system that Hall actually is "valuable" to the organization.

I read the thread title as "Bill Hall is black". I was pretty curious what was going to be in this thread. 

Good to hear we resigned him though.

Well ... he's actually back and black.  

Please feel free to rework the AC/DC song in there somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...