• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread - 9/22/14 - Angels @ A's

Ray McKigney

Man, when CJ pitches game 2 or game 3....Sosh may have to pull him after 4 batters. You'll know right away when he's about to blow up. If walks 2 early on, you gotta yank him before he nukes their chances of a win

I think they save Rasmus for that reason.  They go Weaver, CJ and Shoemaker.  If all three pitch well, you can go with Rasmus in game four backed up by Santiago depending on the situation.  

Don't worry folks, CJ is only 1-5 with a 4.82 ERA and 1.43 WHIP in 52.1 postseason innings, and that was when he was actually a pretty good pitcher(during the regular season at least). We've basically been getting postseason CJ all year long

He's walked 29 batters in those 52.1 career posteason innings, which rounds out to only 5 BB/9.

Man, when CJ pitches game 2 or game 3....Sosh may have to pull him after 4 batters. You'll know right away when he's about to blow up. If walks 2 early on, you gotta yank him before he nukes their chances of a win

But you never know if he might settle down just as quickly as he blew up. He can pitch like crap for an inning and then give you 6 shutout frames.

That's what's so maddening about him.

But you never know if he might settle down just as quickly as he blew up. He can pitch like crap for an inning and then give you 6 shutout frames.

That's what's so maddening about him.

they can't afford to wait to find out, not in the postseason. You are only guaranteed to play 3 games heading into things, and they can't wait things out hoping for him to turn it around if he's coming out of the gates walking batters and falling behind on everybody.

hey, folks -- I can't watch this ---I'll read what happens in the box score in tomorrow's paper.....

wait? do they still have the box scores in the paper? seems less and less lately.

actually, what I find to be a travesty is that I can't pick up the local daily paper(s) (Not the LA TIMES) and they won't have the MLB standings in the paper..........I mean, all my life the one thing one can count on in the paper is the baseball standings..........NOPE.........society's obviously gone to heck..........

g'night all.........

Trout can't watch that with two strikes......gotta protect.

is there any rule that the MVP of the league can't be the hitter who leads the league in strikeouts?

Dude needs to learn how to protect more. He has a good eye, but he takes way too many close pitches. If it looks close, fight it off to stay alive so you get another shot at swinging the bat. When Trout takes a called strike 3, it's just bailing the other team out. They just got the best player in baseball out without havin to deal with him swinging the bat

Trout's K's are way up this year, yet his swinging strike % isn't much higher than previous years, and his chase % isn't outrageous...he just takes a ton of called strikes. Wish that was tracked(maybe it is?), because I'd bet Trout has been called out on strikes way more than any other hitter in MLB. His good eye at the plate is a strength, but he gets a bit too passive too often. Dude's an elite hitter...swing the bat