• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's Gameday Thread

we've got a string of games at Houston (2), Minnesota (4) and Texas (3) -- it's a road trip but while Oakland and Seattle beat each other up to start September, we should go something like 6-3 (or better) on this trip.

5 games up on September 1, if we go 6-3 on this trip, we come home Sept. 12 3 to 5 games up (or better).

On Sept. 12 we come home for a 10 game home stand : Houston (3), Seattle (4), Texas (3). We should go at least 6-4 on the home stand.....that puts us 3 to 5 ahead at that point, Sept. 22 (with SIX road games Oakland(3) and Seattle (3) left.

we'd need a total collapse (1-5 or so) in those SIX games to let it slip away at that point.

We're sitting pretty.............OGAAT.

oh Dunn, check my post on the other thread.

he's THIRD All TIme MLB in strike outs with a chance to pass Reggie Jackson (he's 245 K's behind Jackson) if he plays long enough.

Dunn doesn't really fit the A's style of play.........unless he goes on one of his HR streaks (which he had done in the past) -- his K's are not going to help the A's much.

oh Dunn, check my post on the other thread.

he's THIRD All TIme MLB in strike outs with a chance to pass Reggie Jackson (he's 245 K's behind Jackson) if he plays long enough.

Dunn doesn't really fit the A's style of play.........unless he goes on one of his HR streaks (which he had done in the past) -- his K's are not going to help the A's much.

not to steal your thunder, but dunn's retiring at the end of this year. i'm all for him getting the 245 k's he needs in the last month of this season.

we've got a string of games at Houston (2), Minnesota (4) and Texas (3) -- it's a road trip but while Oakland and Seattle beat each other up to start September, we should go something like 6-3 (or better) on this trip.

5 games up on September 1, if we go 6-3 on this trip, we come home Sept. 12 3 to 5 games up (or better).

On Sept. 12 we come home for a 10 game home stand : Houston (3), Seattle (4), Texas (3). We should go at least 6-4 on the home stand.....that puts us 3 to 5 ahead at that point, Sept. 22 (with SIX road games Oakland(3) and Seattle (3) left.

we'd need a total collapse (1-5 or so) in those SIX games to let it slip away at that point.

We're sitting pretty.............OGAAT.

6-3?  We should be looking at 7-2 or better, these teams were facing are garbage and we must capitalize.  

The Twins aren't as bad as they seem and I feel like the Astros never are either. Those are basement dwelling teams but they manage to give you a run for your money 2 out of 3 games. Not saying we are going to get swept but I also think our offense needs to take this opportunity to come out guns blazing like they did before the all start break. 

I will say the A's benefitted GREATLY in this game from Austin Jackson's bad play in center field. that should have been a fly ball out #3 but it turned into a 5 run inning. Dunn is going to have good games and bad and this one was good. He isn't suddenly going to become a different player now that he's in Oakland- he's still going to strike out a lot. 

Dunn has announced his retirement at the end of 2014?  I was not aware of that.

Wow.

As for the estimated records, I figured we'd split the road game 4 game series and win the three game series 2-1.

this is based upon our rotation issues which will impact us -- but we do have an expanded roster now with some SLC starters.

I assume Wolf will get called up for September and make at least one start.

our records against these teams might be better but I am looking at it realistically (and with our rotation issues).

the point is -- if we can split the four game series and win the other three game series -- A's are going to have to pretty much run the table to overcome us. I don't see that happening.....

The Twins aren't as bad as they seem and I feel like the Astros never are either. Those are basement dwelling teams but they manage to give you a run for your money 2 out of 3 games. Not saying we are going to get swept but I also think our offense needs to take this opportunity to come out guns blazing like they did before the all start break. 

The Twins have had several games where their offense has absolutely exploded. There was a recent game where they put up 20 runs on the Tigers.

As far as I'm concerned, every game is important going forward and every team is a threat.

Edited by fan_since79

It's not a bad thing that Oakland won today. Seattle fell another game back in the wild card (Detroit's up 7-1 right now), and that's less chance of us dealing with King Felix in a play-in game (worst-case scenario having us not win the division). I'd rather not see the Mariners in the postseason period. Their pitching is pretty darn good. I understand they have a shot at a sub-3.00 ERA from their staff, and that hasn't happened in the AL since 1974.

Edited by fan_since79

It's not a bad thing that Oakland won today. Seattle fell another game back in the wild card (Detroit's up 7-1 right now), and that's less chance of us dealing with King Felix in a play-in game (worst-case scenario having us not win the division). I'd rather not see the Mariners in the postseason period. Their pitching is pretty darn good. I understand they have a shot at a sub-3.00 ERA from their staff, and that hasn't happened in the AL since 1974.

Get that idea of the one game playoff out of your mind.  That wont happen if we even play decent baseball this month, and the team has not even hit full stride yet.  

It would be nice though if Seattle is knocked out before the end of the month.  But even if they were I still think they would pitch Felix and Iwakuma just to stick it to us if we need to clinch. 

Kazmir also had a couple years to get good again. It didn't happen in a week. 

True dat.  After he seemingly phoned it in when he was with the Angels.  I'm sure he's a good guy, plays a mean video game, and all that.  But I was pleased as punch when the Angels beat the living feces out of him twice in the last week.  It was some form of payback for showing up in Anaheim with no heart and no care, only to flip a switch in Cleveland and Oakland (for a while).  He should've pulled a Lyman Bostock and refunded the Angels some of his payroll.

Edited by DowningRules

I wonder how many "muscle shakes" he consumed this weekend.

He's retiring after this season so the consequences would be irrelevant.

This wouldn't even surprise me. Never won a WS, final month of his career, just traded to a contender -- all great reasons to juice up and not care about getting caught when you're retired.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim