• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lester: Greatest Pitcher of Ever

laagamer

Well, I really like Cespedes as a ballplayer -- the guy can really play the OF, hit with power, has speed.........I think he's the real deal and, for the A',s , Cespedes was responsible for stirring the drink and getting the offense going......

Lester? For the A's he is nothing more than a two month rental..........

Again, Once more for emphasis since the last post had its critics:  A's WILL RUE THE DAY THEY TRADED AWAY CESPEDES FOR A TWO MONTH RENTAL LESTER -- WHO WILL LIKELY WIND UP BACK WITH BOSTON in 2105.

Well, I really like Cespedes as a ballplayer -- the guy can really play the OF, hit with power, has speed.........I think he's the real deal and, for the A',s , Cespedes was responsible for stirring the drink and getting the offense going......

Again, Once more for emphasis since the last post had its critics:  A's WILL RUE THE DAY THEY TRADED AWAY CESPEDES FOR A TWO MONTH RENTAL LESTER -- WHO WILL LIKELY WIND UP BACK WITH BOSTON in 2105.

No 

I don't think the A's care if Lester winds up back with Boston next season. People are saying that as if that would somehow make their trade not as good. If he ends up back with Boston then he isn't on the Halos or with Texas. I'd imagine Oakland would prefer that. I am constantly seeing this nonsense that people think that trading for a player about to be a FA and getting him in the system would somehow make him more likely to sign with their club. When has that ever worked? That's not a real thing. You'd think if anyone would realize that by now it would be Angels fans. There is no doubt that the teams all know it. If you want a player come FA you better offer him the contract that appeals to him the most. Maybe that's the most money. Maybe that's a no-trade clause. Whatever it is it sure as shit isn't memories of the good times they had the last 2 months.

Well, IMO, the A's -- even if they win the W/S with this rotation - will rue the day they traded away Cespedes who is signed through 2015 and will be in a BoSox uni next year as will Lester.

If they win the world series though, the trade was worth it. 

That wont happen though cause the A's are a bunch of nobodies and has beens.  They will get exposed in the playoffs like they do every year.

If Cespedes is expected to still be playing baseball in 2105 then I think I might try to get involved with Biogenesis...

Edited by ScottLux

Again, Once more for emphasis since the last post had its critics: A's WILL RUE THE DAY THEY TRADED AWAY CESPEDES FOR A TWO MONTH RENTAL LESTER -- WHO WILL LIKELY WIND UP BACK WITH BOSTON in 2105.

I disagree 100 percent if they win the world series. This trade was about winning it this year. If they win it all then the objective was accomplished. If they don't then I agree with you.

Well, IMO, the A's -- even if they win the W/S with this rotation - will rue the day they traded away Cespedes who is signed through 2015 and will be in a BoSox uni next year as will Lester.

If the A's win the World Series the fans will live off that for longer than Cespedes and Lester will play. Bean will finally get his trophy under his management and that is the entire goal, not what 0.3WAR player you traded to get there.

read all the comments -- not sure about the biogenesis angle -- others more up on that than me -- would NOT put it past Billy Beane to have some insight on this and make the deal with that in mind -- if that's the case -- all of a sudden a trade Beane made that made no sense to me, suddenly makes sense.

the reason I question the deal -- aside from liking the way Cespedes plays (enhanced or not -- that's an open issue, apparently - I have no clue about it one way or the other), the timing of the deal in terms of the A's lease negotiations appears to make no sense.

the A's just signed up for a 10 year renewal at the Oakland Coliseum (after some political wrangling between the Oakland city manager, the city council and the Oakland Coliseum Commission -- which has two Oakland city council members on it who disagee with the Oakland city manager's position).......anyway -- all that got sorted out........so if the A's are using the World Championship they plan to win with Lester for those negotiations, the negotiations for now (I think there is an opt out in year 7 or 8) are over..........A's would still like to have a new baseball only park built in site there but with the Raiders angling for that (while really leveraging the 'we'll move to San Antonio' angle) -- I don't see the A's winning the bidding war or any other kind of battle with the Raiders over the use of the now no longer needed Warriors arena (they can tear that down for football/ baseball park and for additional parking whatever it takes to accommodate a new ballpark)......

So anyway, aside from the biogenesis angle -- the timing and price of the Lester deal is questionable.

(I guess the A's would see some salary relief in 2015 from the Cespedes contract --with or without the biogenesis angle now).