• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's Your SP In A 1 Game Playoff?

Who's Your SP In A 1 Game Playoff?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your SP In A 1 Game Playoff?

what a great season this far for our halos!  Even with the 2nd best record in all of baseball we are in second place. those damn A's just wont go way!  so at this point there is a great chance that we will be in that 1 game playoff.  i know who i'd pitch but does scioscia?  

Go Halos!

Hopefully the Angels are in a situation where Sosh can tinker with the rotation order to try to land the hottest pitcher on that game. However, there are no guarantees that scenario will present itself. I don't think Sosh will have a choice in the matter unless we lock up the spot early.

Regardless of who it is there will be a short leash and everyone will be available. If we keep our lead in the wild card standings then there's a good chance the team we are facing with have to use their ace just to get into the wild card game.

David Price.

But seriously, I love GRich to death and always have. But the whole thing may be to big for him right now. We saw what happened in Oakland when the team talked up the series. I think he gained alot of valuable experience from it but I'd have to go Weaver. Then have GRich go game 1 in the first round if we advance.

I laugh at these threads. Who pitches probably had a lot to do with how the season ended and who is rested. Richards by far has been our best pitcher but would you start him on let's say 2 days rest?

what a great season this far for our halos! Even with the 2nd best record in all of baseball we are in second place. those damn A's just wont go way! so at this point there is a great chance that we will be in that 1 game playoff. i know who i'd pitch but does scioscia?

Go Halos!

Storm the idea is if the season ended like it is now and we can set up our rotation at the end because of our lead who would you throw in the one game playoff.

I can tell you who I wouldn't pitch, Wilson or Santiago. With our bullpen I would take Skaggs over either of them right now.

The Angels are in an ideal position right now, they're within striking distance of Oakland and have built a huge lead in the Wild Card. I'll hold out hope they catch and surpass the A's but even if they don't, the'll have the luxury of lining things up in the final week or two to ensure either Weav or Richards are well rested and ready to go.

Scioscia will almost assuredly turn to Weaver.

Depending on how it all turned out rotation-wise, I wouldn't be opposed to having Weaver start and Richards available for an inning or two depending on if there were to be an off day before the next round. Weaver-Richards-Smith might be a winning combo to advance

Agreed. If we could put anyone out there i would go with Richards right now. He is the only shutdown pitcher we have. However that's doesn't mean Weaver doesn't get hot or Richards doesn't cool down .

Storm the idea is if the season ended like it is now and we can set up our rotation at the end because of our lead who would you throw in the one game playoff.

I can tell you who I wouldn't pitch, Wilson or Santiago. With our bullpen I would take Skaggs over either of them right now.