• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal tweets...

Is Price still worth getting?

A. He hasn't pitched that well.

B. Shouldn't we be more concerned with relief?

C. He has over 1000 innings pitched (1088.2) which many have said is the threshold for most pitchers who have undergone tommy john.

With his decreased velocity these last 2 seasons, something tells me those innings could be catching up with his arm.  With bullpen being top priority, I'd stay away from Price right now and look for some relief if we're going to look for anything at all.

I'm against any trades. This team needs two things: a consistent Hector Santiago and Matt Shoemaker. They've been great lately, so I'd like that to continue.

Having said that, we can send Skaggs to the BP for long relief support. That and permanently dropping Frieri from closing.

Edited by failos

This is more than just a rumor ... the Angels are definitely going to make a play for him.

...and not get him because there are teams with both the need and a better farm system to put together a trade package from.

Edited by jshep

...and not get him because there are teams with both the need and a better farm system to put together a trade package from.

I think the Dogs will get him but don't count out the Angels just yet.

Rays are ready to deal now ... not the deadline

Edited by Troll Daddy

i'm against acquiring price. i don't like the price (zing!) and i agree with those who suspect he's on a career downturn. i've had just about enough of that in an angel uniform, thank you very much.

if he holds up and is great for 6 more years, then good for him. although, i'm not buying.

ya angels need to stop acquiring guys on the downside of their career and paying them top dollar.  have we not learned from hamilton and pujols?

acquire a couple bullpen pieces, and a 3b or catcher to replace freese and/or iannetta, and the team will be fine.