• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal tweets...

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Angels interested in #Rays’ Price. Team likely does not have package to get it done. #Cubs’ Hammel also on long list of options.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Biggest need for #Angels is bullpen help, including a LH reliever. Addition of a starter could enable them to use Santiago in relief.

@Ken_Rosenthal: One advantage for #Angels is financial flexibility. Made $52 million offer to Garza in off-season.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Let’s not hear any lowball trade offers: #Rays’ Price first pitcher with five straight 10-strikeout games since Johan Santana in 2004.

Edited by CanadianHalo

If trade for Price you get a pitcher that is a free agent in 2016 at age 30. Price is going to want to get paid for his past performances and will be another pitcher wanting a 6+ year contract. Long term he is he worth that commitment? If not you might as well keep your prospect package and move on because it would be a waste of talent for another rental.

If trade for Price you get a pitcher that is a free agent in 2016 at age 30. Price is going to want to get paid for his past performances and will be another pitcher wanting a 6+ year contract. Long term he is he worth that commitment? If not you might as well keep your prospect package and move on because it would be a waste of talent for another rental.

Yeah. This team is finally building something in the rotation with young, cheap arms...and if they were to trade for Price, they'd likely have to part with Skaggs as part of it. Not a fan of that, especially with Price set to get a huge extension and will be over the age of 30 when he gets it. Great pitcher, but I don't want to see it happen.

Rotation hasn't been an issue for this team either, it's the bullpen. Trade some mid-level spect or 2 for a bullpen arm or 2. I wouldn't mind trading for Hammel to add more depth, but I would hope the Halos don't give up much. He's a FA after the year and I'm worried that his ERA will take a big hit moving back to the AL.

Our farm system is arguably in worst shape than it was last year. We now have a bunch of unknowns and prospects who did well last year struggling this season. Especially since Morin and Cron have graduated.

Edited by Shane

i'm against acquiring price. i don't like the price (zing!) and i agree with those who suspect he's on a career downturn. i've had just about enough of that in an angel uniform, thank you very much.

if he holds up and is great for 6 more years, then good for him. although, i'm not buying.