• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Not sure what the answer is....

DMVol

For me it's like this....  I get that the pen is a work in progress, and I get that with young guys there will be bumps in the road...  But  Green, Cron, Navarro, are all in the system and readily available yet we are being fed a daily dose of Freese and Ibanez in the lineup.   I don't have any idea how awful Green's defense may be at 3B, but if this team was willing to try Trumbo there then WTF is keeping them from seeing what Green could do?   I don't even watch David Freese at bats anymore, I'd rather go to the bathroom and seek out snacks while he's batting and then watch the commercials.   He's that awful.

I try to look away...but it is like a bus crash with bodies strewn across the interstate.

"Damnit, I hate when Rodriguez comes in for his nervous saves"

LOL, everybody wants that 1-2-3 inning by the closer every night, and no one can provide it.  Now we are left searching for how big a lead is safe for Frieri, and the answer is that no lead is safe.

Percival and Frankie both had plenty of nervous saves. Percy almost needed to put some runners on to buckle down and finish.

Clean innings were never a strong point for either of them...

But...they ended up getting it done.

Not since Fuentes have we seen this kind of failure. I remember a game in Anaheim (against the Indians) when Fuentes and the pen gave up a huge lead late, and that was IT for me.....

That feeling returned today.

I dont think this is all about the bullpen.  The bullpen has been fine in stretches this season.  Usually, i'm in the Scoscia camp but this last road trip was real bad from a decision making point of view.  Ibanez continuing to play has for some time been very questionable.  Even Freese just recently has been moved down in the line up, and really his continued everyday roll should be questioned.  He has not been good. As for the bullpen,  Bedrosian should not have been in, and really at this point even Frieri is a pretty questionable play for the situation he was thrown into today.  But lets not forget that today we once again wasted a strong pitching performance.  In my mind our line up has been just as bad as the bullpen.  How many guys are we getting zero production out of ? A whole lot of dead weight on this roster.  Disappointing.  Its pretty remarkable that we have the production that we do have.  Anyway the season is still fairly young and the ship can be righted.  But real, real bad stuff today.

Edited by UndertheHalo

For me it's like this.... I get that the pen is a work in progress, and I get that with young guys there will be bumps in the road... But Green, Cron, Navarro, are all in the system and readily available yet we are being fed a daily dose of Freese and Ibanez in the lineup. I don't have any idea how awful Green's defense may be at 3B, but if this team was willing to try Trumbo there then WTF is keeping them from seeing what Green could do? I don't even watch David Freese at bats anymore, I'd rather go to the bathroom and seek out snacks while he's batting and then watch the commercials. He's that awful.

agreed.

I missed most of the game but caught the first two innings. As soon as I saw freese and ibabnez bat...there is zero justification to have either starting. Freese to a point I guess because he plays 3rd and has the 'potential' to wake up. (I assume its more of a save face thing though).

Hate to play 'what if', but its to the point that every game ibanez is starting over cron (or green), its not improbable to think he cost the team at least one run...and games like today show how bad that can hurt.

Its far beyond time to replace him with one of the young guys

Kohn walks too many guys but he also has the stuff to get out of jams. Just 11 hits (1 homerun) in 23.2 innings was getting it done. Frieri gives up better than a hit an inning and far too many of them leave the park (8). I'm done with that guy. It's not bad luck, he just sucks.

Somehow Frieri either lost the ability to throw that excellent two-seamer or he got talked out of it.  Kohn isn't ideal but he's better than that human launching pad.

Morin and Smith can be the backend with (gulp) Jepsen throwing setup until something better can be worked out. Frieri can FO.

There's no right answer ... btw the Tigers have the worst bullpen in baseball (silver lining). I think you promote Jepsen to set up or closer for the time being. Frieri is still a option possibly ...

i'll ****ing kill myself.