• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bud Black

Tyler

Just because they brought in a new GM, doesn't mean Blacks job is safe. He's done nothing in his tenure there that would warrant keeping him around, whether he was dealt a bad hand or not. New GM might want a new manager, new staff, though he'll probably can them all in the off season. Expect the Padres to sell everything this summer/winter.

Just because they brought in a new GM, doesn't mean Blacks job is safe. He's done nothing in his tenure there that would warrant keeping him around, whether he was dealt a bad hand or not. New GM might want a new manager, new staff, though he'll probably can them all in the off season. Expect the Padres to sell everything this summer/winter.

Also, I don't think Black is a lock for another managers position right out the gate. Especially if he's the only manager canned this year. (duh). I would not be opposed to bringing him back either, but remember, Butcher and Sosh are friends. Look how long it took to can Hatcher.

Despite having playing less, Conger has allowed more stolen bases, and is a smidge worse than Ianetta at the plate. One of the good things about Ianetta is that he takes walks and sees a lot of pitches. He's seen 200 more pitches than Conger in only a few more starts, and Congers OBP is almost the same as Trout's BAvg

I've always liked Bud Black.

If the Padres fire him, then the front office there is nuts.

if he does get fired, he should be hired the NEXT DAY as Halos pitching coach.

Halos pitching coach could then go where is techniques might be more successful-- in A ball.

Hell yeah to him taking over as Pitching coach, if it happens they need to annoucing Butchers firing during a game & have him dragged out by security.

Way too long of a leash compared to Mickey Hatcher. Btw where is Mickey Hatcher these days ? .... Coaching Little league ?

Does San Diego resident who posted on this thread think Bud Black will last with the Padres much beyond the ASG break?

If Bud Black does get fired down there , the Angels should seek to place him somewhere in the Halos organization IMMEDIATELY for the rest of the season and then figure out during the off-season what's next -- of course -- Bud Black could well be hired to manage another MLB team next year.........

Does San Diego resident who posted on this thread think Bud Black will last with the Padres much beyond the ASG break?

If Bud Black does get fired down there , the Angels should seek to place him somewhere in the Halos organization IMMEDIATELY for the rest of the season and then figure out during the off-season what's next -- of course -- Bud Black could well be hired to manage another MLB team next year.........

Why would someone hire him? What has he done as a manager that would warrant a hire?

why would someone hire him?

because managers and coaches with experience -- even experience losing games -- tend to get hired again.

Also -- this is Bud Black's first managerial job -- he's been through a constant re-building program of sorts in San Diego -- that first year (could have been the second year) the Padres did sort of fade big time in the second half -- I think it was Bud Black's first year -- Padres led the division most of the first half.........

why would someone hire him?

because managers and coaches with experience -- even experience losing games -- tend to get hired again.

Also -- this is Bud Black's first managerial job -- he's been through a constant re-building program of sorts in San Diego -- that first year (could have been the second year) the Padres did sort of fade big time in the second half -- I think it was Bud Black's first year -- Padres led the division most of the first half.........

Hard to sell the experience factor to fans when the manager you hire has a worse record than the one you fire. Just who does he replace that hasn't done better this season, Maddon or Renteria?

obviously i'm not privy to the inner workings of the padres org, but my feelings are that they are going to wait until the offseason to name a permanent GM and that GM will then most likely fire everyone, except for darren balsley (the pitching coach) and probably the bullpen coach. both are very good coaches. so, i think bud gets fired either in the offseason or very late this season.

edit: i should say that if black and ALL the coaches get fired, the one to hire as pitching coach is darren balsley. that guy has been leo mazzone without the fanfare. an extremely good pitching coach. predating bud black, i should add.

Edited by ukyah