• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember when we were praised for our baserunning?

Then guys like Vlad and Howie and Aybar turned us into the joke of baseball. It sure would be nice to get that issue back under control. I watched the Cespedes throw on the highlights and yes it was a perfect throw but Howie still should have scored. Wasn't anyone behind home telling him to slide to avoid the tag? And Albert, you are too smart to be Vlad II.

No it's not the only thing I can come up with. We have our starters playing well. Our hitters are playing well. Our bullpen is coming around. Even our defense is playing okay. And yet we almost blew last night's game because of baserunning gaffes. And this has been going on for years now. Good point about the catcher blocking the plate but if Howie slides headfirst to the right and touches the plate with his left hand it would have been a very tough tag for the catcher. You know what team does little things like that? Oakland. And Boston last year.

Then guys like Vlad and Howie and Aybar turned us into the joke of baseball. It sure would be nice to get that issue back under control. I watched the Cespedes throw on the highlights and yes it was a perfect throw but Howie still should have scored. Wasn't anyone behind home telling him to slide to avoid the tag? And Albert, you are too smart to be Vlad II.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Hey IP, I don't understand that, but I am assuming it means we are second in base running?

All I can say is that up until that game last week where we were thrown out twice by Cespedes we had run the bases very well this year. So really the complaining about this should be left as isolated incidents and not a indictment of our base running as a whole. Oh and Albert was really really dumb running through the stop sign.

We'd be losing our minds if disar doesn't send howie on that play. That was a highlight reel throw that we'll see for years.

The Pujols thing on the other hand was some of the most boneheaded base running I've ever seen.

Edited by Richard

The issue with the Howie play was that the catcher blocked the plate

You aren't allowed to put your foot down and that's what happened

If the C would have left the plate open he would have been safe

That's on the review/umps to call him safe

Wrong. Howie was gunned down by one of the most amazing throws from left field you will ever see. Norris' foot had nothing to do with it.

Every other season of baseball that is about as perfect of a throw as seen in the game. Now knuckleheads are playing the lawyer game of nitpicking where a foot was standing.

Cespedes blew the catch and even lazily went after the ball. Any third base coach sees this, sees the distance the ball has to travel, the angle and they wave the runner. No sideways slide beats that throw. It was a once a season, maybe once every ten seasons quality throw.

Turd, you are living up to your name.