• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember when we were praised for our baserunning?

What do you mean how can you have a problem with Kendrick on that play? He should have scored, with our without that throw. Yes it was a once in a decade throw and you tip your cap to Cespedes but you also have to wonder when Howie and Aybar are ever going to get it on the basepaths. It is a real problem and every year divisions and wildcard spots are determined by one game. We don't have a margin of error like we used to have in our division. We can't keep giving the other team outs.

We got lucky last night. We were stupid and we got away with it because our pitchers pitched maybe their best game of the season. But as a fan I'm tired of watching teams like the Red Sox do all the little things right while we have guys who have played eight years in the big leagues and still don't understand the nuances of the game.

What do you mean how can you have a problem with Kendrick on that play? He should have scored, with our without that throw. Yes it was a once in a decade throw and you tip your cap to Cespedes but you also have to wonder when Howie and Aybar are ever going to get it on the basepaths. It is a real problem and every year divisions and wildcard spots are determined by one game. We don't have a margin of error like we used to have in our division. We can't keep giving the other team outs.

We got lucky last night. We were stupid and we got away with it because our pitchers pitched maybe their best game of the season. But as a fan I'm tired of watching teams like the Red Sox do all the little things right while we have guys who have played eight years in the big leagues and still don't understand the nuances of the game.

que-in-spanish.jpg

no they are 3rd just barely.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2014-baserunning-batting.shtml

they led in outs on bases in 2013 with 66, and 2012 with 72

How far out do you have to extend the years to make the numbers look less damning?   That is your intent after all isn't it?

The Angels led MLB in extra bases taken in 2012.with 49% the MLB average was 41%.  They also led MLB with runs scored from 2B on a single with 128 that season.   Outs on the bases are a byproduct of what the Angels do, but like any other statistic they have to be taken into context, and you're forgetting that the idiotic "contact play" counts as an OOB.    

It's a byproduct of what they try to do...  cracked eggs and omelettes.   End result is scored runs.

Look man we're all on the same team here and we all want the Angels to win another World Series. I'm just frustrated that we keep making the same mistake over and over. Cespedes has eight assists, THREE against us, TWO in one inning. If you're going to test him, Howie, at least slide to try to evade the tag. And Albert...we all agree on that one.

Yes, Boston and Oakland make mistakes, too, but last year Detroit gave Boston that series with dumb baserunning and pitching decisions. And Oakland has operated under the "baserunners are like gold" philosophy since 2002.

Howie did slide...  He went because his third base coach sent him.

Did you watch?  Are you trolling?

I honestly am a bit confused as well. What I'm getting is plays like Howie getting gunned out for not trying to slide head first around a tag is what's dooming the Angels and the reason why teams like Boston and Oakland are winning.

Edited by Richard

It looked to me like he basically gave up at the end of the play. If the score is 1-1 late in the game I'm sliding as far away from the catcher as I can while still able to touch the plate.

Most of you didn't see it that way. That's fine. My point still stands...we've had more bonehead plays on the basepaths the last five or six years than anyone. The usual suspects are the same ones who swing at the first pitch and hit into a double play, miss the ball on a squeeze play, etc. It was considered the price you pay for taking all those extra bases when we were winning 90-100 games every year and winning the division by at least three games. But those days are gone. We need to let Oakland give away some outs for a change.