• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Royals sellers at the deadline?

Disagree. HK has plenty of value.

He has a career low .390 SLG and has really tailed off this past month (.594 OPS)

Utley and Zobrist will also be on the trading block, which lowers his value even more. In my eyes, I can't see the Angels getting back a top SP prospect like some have said.

Short term deals like this are what killed the Angels playoff chances and farm system in the first place. We dealt away Skaggs, Corbin, Saunders, Will Smith, Amarista, Roach, Jean Segura, Ariel Pena and John Hellweg all in the past few years on in season deals that have resulted in zero playoff appearances.

We don't have the prospects to surrender any more, and even if we did, we shouldn't be making these deals.

You're doing it wrong.

What have those players turned into and what impact have they made?

If KC are sellers -- they'll deal Shields and someone will over pay for him as a rental. Hopefully its not us -- been there, done that.

Duffy a S. Cal kid -- he's not going anywhere -- KC will extend him (as a starter, not a pen guy).

Holland -- not sure what his contract status is, but I assume he's still has time on his KC contract and too valuable to them to deal away.

Moustakis -- 3B -- another S. Cal product (Camarillo, I believe) has had a rough year --batting about .174 -- got sent out to Omaha but back up when other guy's got hurt -- decent glove but his bat his missing so far this year --- has shown some life lately.........wish we could send Freese back to Missouri for Moustakis......who I feel will come around at some point.......right, Dallas McPherson?

Corbin and Segura made all star team last year and I think Skaggs could become one in another year or 2.

That is different.  Haren had a 3 years left on his contract.  The problem is when you are just getting a rental.

I dont think the Royals are sellers.. i think they still haev a shot and even if they didnt they ahave a great young core.. it would be foolish.

However, that having been said i also dont think we have the pieces to get anything of substance right now either and really dont need to be gutting hte farm any further.

Unless you guys are prepared to trade from the ML roster, no trades are going to happen.

All that having been said i have for some time now felt we had some ML level guys that could help other teams, but it has to be something that helps us.

You're doing it wrong.

What have those players turned into and what impact have they made?

Segura is an all-star SS, Corbin is a top of the rotation starter and all-star, Roach is knocking on the door in SD, Smith has become on the better relievers in baseball, Saunders gave the D-Backs 2 years as an inexpensive inning eating lefty and Skaggs profiles anywhere between a #2 and 4 starter right now.

That's a heck of a lot of talent.

Anyone that thinks Kendrick is going to net two young pitching prospects or even one top notch pitching prospect, is delusional. Kendrick is solid 2nd baseman with glimpses of being really good at times and really bad at others. He is nothing to write home about and does not really do much for a team out of contention like YoT stated. If anything, play this year out and if Lindsay is ready or you want Green to take over second base, move Kendrick for a couple "decent" pitching prospects with some upside. He really does not have huge value like some of you are proposing. 

If the Angels are making a move at the deadline because they are contending, they aren't going to be moving a key component like Kendrick. You don't subtract a key piece of your big league roster for prospects at the deadline.

You are more likely to see the Angels look for two deals...three tops

1) A left hander out of the bullpen

2) A left handed bat off the bench to replace Ibanez

3) A bottom of the rotation starter

I doubt you see a blockbuster of any sort, the Angels just don't have the prospect depth

I'd rather not trade anyone...unless it's Ibanez or Ian Stewart. Those dudes need to get dropped ASAP...

Edited by failos