• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please can we trade for David Price?

Price hasn't pitched very well this year and he just looks off. Not sure id want to trade for him.

TB hasn't played very well, either.

That can make good pitchers look bad, as we Angels fans can attest.

Knowing you can't give up any runs is hard on even the best pitchers.

Trading for an expensive SP is the last thing this organization needs. The Angels need to continue molding these youngsters and focusing on them; their cheap contracts and vast potential can make this team a continued success rather than being a one hit wonder with aging stars. I feel like Dipoto understands this with his efforts this season.

The Angels already have superb vetran pieces with which the team can be built around. The team needs to focus on instructors and coaches who can mentor these young guys so they can live up to expectation. Now, there's an obvious need for dependable SPs, but David Price–in my opinion–would be a band-aid for the Angels' woes.

They will trade for a SP. It will happen.

It won't be a big-name starter, more like a back-of-the-rotation guy.

I hope not. This franchise has a tendency of getting the shorter end of the stick with trades. I'm still reeling from the loss of Grichuck and Bourjos–the victims of an undeniably lop-sided trade.

Edited by failos

Nope. A 5th outfielder. Bourjos is a 4th outfielder.

Turns out that the trade was even. Two fungible players for two fungible players.

that trade of depth and open market value gave two players that were unlikely to see much time with the halos this year and parlayed it into two players that have provided replacement level production  who play regularly. 

the only thing mildly keeping Freese from being the whipping boy is that fact that one of the guys hitting next to him has been about the worst player in baseball this year. 

Freese actually has a .440 OBP in the last week and even though his SLG % since coming off the DL is rather pitiful, he's had some truly bad luck with a game where 3 hard hit balls went right at guys, and a homerun that a guy climbed the wall to bring back.  Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic, but he seems like he's showing signs of turning it around.

Edited by markb

Hilarious how some overvalue Grichuk. Dude will be a 4th OF.

Could be but I'd much have him than Salas or Freese at this point....Freese is a one hit wonder (one good season and one good post season) and Salas is a DFA waiting to happen....why give up anybody with potential for either one of those guys, not to mention Borjous....

I actually like the Freese deal more now than at the time. Put simply, I was wrong on how high I was on Bourjos.

We probably all over valued Bourjos somewhat....you can argue that Cowgill gives you close to what Bourjos would---nobody is a better defender than Bourjos but Cowgill is pretty good, and he's a better hitter....but, that said, I thought at the time the deal was done and still think that 1) Freese is pretty much Callaspo, a mediocre 3bman and 2) why in the world include anybody with any upside in the deal, i.e. Grichuk....that was totally unnecessary....Salas is a run of the mill reliever, at best....why not just do Bourjos for Freese....

Edited by DMVol