• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please can we trade for David Price?

We don't have the prospects to get in the Price discussion....and the Grieinke deal worked out so well it's part of why we're in the bind we're in--limited prospects, high payroll, inability to do much but make bad trades--Freese, maybe Trumbo (jury still out)....

I have seen enough of Skaggs and the potential of Santiago to conclude that it was a great trade.

Freese i believe was a bad trade but not disastrous by any means. Our outfield depth right now is very good. I wish we would have gotten better for Bourjos but weren't getting a major league ready starter.

We don't have the prospects to get in the Price discussion....and the Grieinke deal worked out so well it's part of why we're in the bind we're in--limited prospects, high payroll, inability to do much but make bad trades--Freese, maybe Trumbo (jury still out)....

1. Why would the Rays want Kendrick? If they sell Price they are punting this season. Kendrick is a FA after 2015 and I doubt he gets a QA. They also have a really good 2B in Zobrick (despite his decline last season and a half).

2. If we trade for Price we are in an absolute win now mode. Trading Kendrick would most assuredly result in a loss of production at 2B both this season and next and young players get exposed and have to adjust - potentially failing.

I have seen enough of Skaggs and the potential of Santiago to conclude that it was a great trade.

Freese i believe was a bad trade but not disastrous by any means. Our outfield depth right now is very good. I wish we would have gotten better for Bourjos but weren't getting a major league ready starter.

Not sure yet on Skaggs, storm....he has potential but just not sure how far he goes with it....Santiago has been a disappointment...I liked his potential when the trade was made but he hasn't done anything to justify the trade (it is early)....Freese and Salas was a bad trade when it was made and looks no better now....

We should scout the Phillies. Maybe there is someone they would sell low on that we can actually trade for.

The only one who may be available (that we would have a need for) is Cliff Lee. Maybe Chase Utley (but they won't be selling low on him).

I'll predict who WILL be trading for pitching before the deadline, maybe sooner, and that is Houston.

There are already rumors of Fowler to the Redsox for a couple of young pitchers.

I have a bad feeling that the Astros will be the contender the Mariners always threaten to be, but never become.

The Astros with pitching are going to be good, long before most around here believe they will.

I'll predict who WILL be trading for pitching before the deadline, maybe sooner, and that is Houston.

There are already rumors of Fowler to the Redsox for a couple of young pitchers.

I have a bad feeling that the Astros will be the contender the Mariners always threaten to be, but never become.

The Astros with pitching are going to be good, long before most around here believe they will.

The Astros may approach .500 next year and contend in 2016. They have a plan, and it appears to be coming to fruition.

The Astros may approach .500 next year and contend in 2016. They have a plan, and it appears to be coming to fruition.

Wouldn't take much for them to approach .500 this season. They were over .500 in May.

Another starter and a bullpen piece or two, they could easily wind up around .500 this year.

Wouldn't take much for them to approach .500 this season. They were over .500 in May.

Another starter and a bullpen piece or two, they could easily wind up around .500 this year.

I don't think they'll get there this year. They're really hot right now, but I think they'll settle in at about 70-75 wins. But they are certainly better than they've been.