• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout's last 11 games

Impossible for a successful player to ever have an extended slump. 

Might as well DFA him.  

Yep. Trout still has options left. He should get every day at bats down at AAA until he gets it together. 

Greeb, Cowgill and Navarro have us covered in the OF department. 

I use my eyes.

yea you're full of crap. Judging based off what you've seen on tv is as dumb as it gets. Some players tend to look faster than others when they really arent.

http://deadspin.com/how-fast-does-billy-hamilton-get-to-first-1565540319

Here's a gif of the fastest guys running to first. Even though hamilton and gordon have a headstart because they're left hamded, trout still makes it extremely close.

If gordon and hamilton are faster, then it's by an incredibly small amount.

Edited by Poozy

A 11 game slump is really no big deal in a 162 game season. The fact that everyone wants to put him on this high pedestal as the best player in baseball is bothersome to me. It's not only the fans but the press also. Trout is still a very young man that will have some ups and downs in his career. He needs to stop pressing and just enjoy the game of baseball. There's plenty of time to judge his body of work after he finishes.

The only thing that really matters is the team winning.

On the bright side, if you take those games + today, we are 8-4 over that stretch.  Pujols has also been scuffling a bit at .217/.308/.261 in the past week.  So without getting much from our two big guys, we're still winning.  

If they both get going at the same time and the pitching doesn't fall apart, look out.  Plus Hamilton and Calhoun getting closer to returning.

Edited by markb

A slump is one thing, but 14Ks in last 37ABs is Trumbo territory. Looking at good pitches early, swinging at bad pitches late. Taking hitting advice from Pujols?

Fangraphs swing rates in and out of the zone for the last 12 games, 2014, and career tell a different story. He's showing a very similar plate discipline that he has his whole career.

anyone who makes an argument based on what they've seen on tv is full of crap. How bout you use stats and facts to backup what you're saying.

Ok we can go stopwatch to first base with the fastest rated guys in MLB starting with Trout.

cropped_mike-trout-bases.gif?ts=13976922

Jean Segura

cropped_jean-sigura.gif?ts=1397692201

Dee Gordon

cropped_dee-gordon.gif?ts=1397692308

Billy Hamilton

cropped_billy-hamilton.gif?ts=1397692294

And my favorite, a footrace against Prince Fielder.

cropped_base-runners-final.gif?ts=139773

Ok we can go stopwatch to first base with the fastest rated guys in MLB starting with Trout.

cropped_mike-trout-bases.gif?ts=13976922

Jean Segura

cropped_jean-sigura.gif?ts=1397692201

Dee Gordon

cropped_dee-gordon.gif?ts=1397692308

Billy Hamilton

cropped_billy-hamilton.gif?ts=1397692294

And my favorite, a footrace against Prince Fielder.

cropped_base-runners-final.gif?ts=139773

like i said, hamilton and gordon are lefty so they get a headstart out of the box. Segura also seems to get out of the box faster in that gif because he's leaning forward.

I'm sure trout beats segura down the line every now and then. We're talking about .07 of a second. I don't think there is anything wrong with me saying he's the fastest player in baseball.

In the end, the man should be running a lot more.

Edited by Poozy

Pujols has been hitting .270 in his last eleven games.  Not quite a slump but nothing exciting either.  To tie this to Trout, I'd love to see them both heat up again at the same time, as in starting today.

like i said, hamilton and gordon are lefty so they get a headstart out of the box. Segura also seems to get out of the box faster in that gif because he's leaning forward.

I'm sure trout beats segura down the line every now and then. We're talking about .07 of a second. I don't think there is anything wrong with me saying he's the fastest player in baseball.

In the end, the man should be running a lot more.

There is no problem saying he is the fastest guy in baseball but to argue that others are wrong, demand they show you facts then try and marginalize them when presented, that is a problem.

Hamilton stole 155 bases (132 games) in one year in the minors leagues. Trout stole 108 in 286 games in the minors.