• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Six games versus the Rangers and Yankees

Glen

Six games versus the Rangers and Yankees  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What will our record against them be?

• 0-6
    • 1-5
    • 2-4
    • 3-3
    • 4-2
    • 5-1
    • 6-0

To be fair it isn't Stradling's fault the Angels are crap and can't win consistently. After the Indians series most of us thought that the team would get hot and go on a run. We are all idiots for ever thinking that was a possibility.

Thanks tdawg, but my reaction was less about the Angels and more about a "fan" that spends a ton of time on an Angels message board only to add such awesome contributions as, "the Rangers bats will heat up and demolish our shitty pitching" or something to that affect. We are all frustrated about the team, but if you find zero joy with the team, find another hobby. I could be way off base, and maybe they do feel some joy from watching the Angels, but zero of it comes across from their posts here. I know I am in the minority but for ****s sake this isn't nearly as bad as the last couple of years, and there is hope.

it's cool strad. i thought it was more funny than anything else. it was like watching the scene from harry and the hendersons where don ameche is telling the hendersons that bigfoot simply does not exist, all the while bigfoot stands right behind him. 

yeah...harry and the hendersons.

anyway, i've given up my fight for or against mike and jerry because the chips are going to fall where they may after this season one way or the other. i don't believe this is a championship team, so the ups and downs don't eat at my soul like some, but i do believe we could be a playoff team if they would just fix the goddamn bullpen. i guess, at this point, hector is going to have to be addressed as well in some fashion.

Thanks tdawg, but my reaction was less about the Angels and more about a "fan" that spends a ton of time on an Angels message board only to add such awesome contributions as, "the Rangers bats will heat up and demolish our shitty pitching" or something to that affect. We are all frustrated about the team, but if you find zero joy with the team, find another hobby. I could be way off base, and maybe they do feel some joy from watching the Angels, but zero of it comes across from their posts here. I know I am in the minority but for ****s sake this isn't nearly as bad as the last couple of years, and there is hope.

Or you know the fan could just be realistic about the team?  It is like Buttercup, why let the team build you up when they are just going to let you down?  Better to have realistic expectations and be happy when they out perform them.

Or you know the fan could just be realistic about the team? It is like Buttercup, why let the team build you up when they are just going to let you down? Better to have realistic expectations and be happy when they out perform them.

I love realism. Let me know when the members I'm referring to show a consistent pattern of being realists.

Here is realism.  We are a pretty good ball club with some flaws.  That will likely lead to a .500 record and no playoffs.  With a little luck going our way we can get above .500 and make the playoffs.  With luck going against us we can finish below .500.  BOOM!

Here is realism. We are a pretty good ball club with some flaws. That will likely lead to a .500 record and no playoffs. With a little luck going our way we can get above .500 and make the playoffs. With luck going against us we can finish below .500. BOOM!

I like that and think it's pretty accurate. I'd add a couple things to your list. With some health we could make the playoffs. If we make a trade for another reliever or a solid middle of the rotation guy we could make the playoffs.

They aren't real fans, they should find another team that makes them less miserable.[/quote

Whatever nate. I'm sure if you were constantly bitching about something with never a good thing to say you would continue to frequent that team.

Perhaps they do not find it necessary to mention the good things in this forum?

The "good" thing is that Oakland has only managed to play .500 ball recently, most of those games against AL West foes, which has kept them from pulling ahead,  and kept the division relatively bunched.

Another "good" thing is that we are a whole game better than the Twins! (we've played one more game)

I understand that as well nate. I guess I'm in the minority and just need to get over it. I look at a guy like you Nate and see a guy that has balance. You're obviously sick of Scioscia like most of us are, but you also say positive things. I totally can understand guys like you or even guys that are like EdinTustin, who have been pretty negative but seems to enjoy when we play well and gives the teams props. I just don't understand the guys that either only come on to rant, or the guys that when we are playing well don't mention it but would rather say, "just wait until Mike does something dumb". Or we have one of those great offensive games and they don't mention it but the moment a relief pitcher walks a guy with a seven run lead they chime in about the walk. It just seems joyless, I'm sure I'm wrong and it is more of a defense mechanism for them.

Kind of mimics life though if you think about it.

At work if you do something good you get an attaboy, if you do something bad you get fired.

Praise is rarely in proportion with disapproval.

I agree though, some people just come to bitch.  Most of them are probably trolls or just miserable people.  Biggest reason I avoid the GD chat.

Edited by nate