• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Six games versus the Rangers and Yankees

Glen

Six games versus the Rangers and Yankees  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What will our record against them be?

• 0-6
    • 1-5
    • 2-4
    • 3-3
    • 4-2
    • 5-1
    • 6-0

As soon as the failos understand balance and perspective.

You want perspective? 

Angels have missed the playoffs the last 4 years and are under .500 this season so far.

What a surprise most people don't believe this team can win against good teams.

You want perspective?

Angels have missed the playoffs the last 4 years and are under .500 this season so far.

What a surprise most people don't believe this team can win against good teams.

Or you could say that they are one game under .500, with the best record they've had at this point in the season in the last several years all while doing this with a suspect bullpen and injuries to their lead off hitter, clean up hitter and most recently their starting third baseman. Oh and they are 3 games out of first place. I can't wait for those players to get healthy.

On one hand I agree that the position the Angels are in right now is much better than it was last year and in 2012, which definitely gives people hope that they will be in the thick of the race at the end of the year.

That said, we are also assuming that they will just magically start playing better. Getting Hamilton and Calhoun back will be great, but neither of them can pitch out of the bullpen or in Santiago's spot. Remember, the Angels only played .507 ball after April last year. That isn't going to get them into the playoffs this year. Obviously this is a different team with different circumstances, but this team has to actually play good baseball for 5 months if they want to make the postseason. Right now, I haven't seen anything that would make me believe they are capable of doing that. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Edited by tdawg87

On one hand I agree that the position the Angels are in right now is much better than it was last year and in 2012, which definitely gives people hope that they will be in the thick of the race at the end of the year.

That said, we are also assuming that they will just magically start playing better. Getting Hamilton and Calhoun back will be great, but neither of them can pitch out of the bullpen or in Santiago's spot. Remember, the Angels only played .507 ball after April last year. That isn't going to get them into the playoffs this year. Obviously this is a different team with different circumstances, but this team has to actually play good baseball for 5 months if they want to make the postseason. Right now, I haven't seen anything that would make me believe they are capable of doing that. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

I basically see it as the Angels reaching mediocrity earlier than previous seasons.  With this pitching and coaching staff they don't stand to improve.