• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It must just be me who was bothered at Pujols first at bat last night

Nowani

I really wanted to go the game last night and welcome back Pujols and give him an ovation for the 500 HR accomplishment. So when he came up to bat in the first inning I gave him a standing ovation and I am pretty sure I was the only one in the stadium doing that. There was not much of a sustained reception or anything different at all. In fact the kid stealing 3rd in the 3rd inning had the biggest cheer of the night I am almost 100% sure lol

Anyway it must just be me but I thought he should have received a better welcome and recognition for what he just accomplished even if most of it was not in an Angel uniform.

ok off my soap box.........

I really wanted to go the game last night and welcome back Pujols and give him an ovation for the 500 HR accomplishment. So when he came up to bat in the first inning I gave him a standing ovation and I am pretty sure I was the only one in the stadium doing that. There was not much of a sustained reception or anything different at all. In fact the kid stealing 3rd in the 3rd inning had the biggest cheer of the night I am almost 100% sure lol

Anyway it must just be me but I thought he should have received a better welcome and recognition for what he just accomplished even if most of it was not in an Angel uniform.

I felt the same way.  I was expecting a standing ovation from the fans.

They actually did show a video highlighting all his major HR milestones from #1 to #100, #200, etc all the way to last weeks #500. They did this right before the national anthem. This got minimal reaction from the crowd. Clapping but no standing ovation even at that time. I figured everyone was saving it for his first at bat.

Maybe 500 HR's is not a big a deal as I think it is?

How did we ever make so much noise in 2002 playoff run?

My theory is that the true hard core Angel Fans who would know how big an accomplishment this was stayed at home and watched on their big screens. Next generation technology will allow the fan watching at home to be heard in the stadium when it matters.

Be careful, man. Ushers don't play.

You aren't joking.

There's a old man (white) in the trout farm section area that literally ask for people's tickets while they're sitting there watching the game.

I call him the nazi usher

Edited by nando714

They actually did show a video highlighting all his major HR milestones from #1 to #100, #200, etc all the way to last weeks #500. They did this right before the national anthem. This got minimal reaction from the crowd. Clapping but no standing ovation even at that time. I figured everyone was saving it for his first at bat.

Maybe 500 HR's is not a big a deal as I think it is?

I'll give the fans the benefit of the doubt. They were probably waiting for the Angels to make some announcement with Albert on the field or provide a cue for them to stand and appreciate the accomplishment.

Do they still do the "calling all Angels" thing before the National Anthem?  Nauseating.  I'm usually getting a hot dog during that time.

The Superfans again can't understand why everyone at Angels Stadium isn't as superfan-tastic as them.

Newsflash:  Nobody except a distinct subset of nerds here (and Cards fans) care about Albert's 500th homer.  They didn't care on the road trip, as they threw back his 49X home run baseballs.  They don't really care in Anaheim.  The fans at the stadium come to watch the Angels win. 

The Superfans again can't understand why everyone at Angels Stadium isn't as superfan-tastic as them.

Newsflash:  Nobody except a distinct subset of nerds here (and Cards fans) care about Albert's 500th homer.  They didn't care on the road trip, as they threw back his 49X home run baseballs.  They don't really care in Anaheim.  The fans at the stadium come to watch the Angels win. 

Thanks for setting us straight.

most people who go to angels games probably don't even know about his 500 home runs

Edited by HaloNation

Seems like I just recently read a thread like this... on letsgokings.com.   

If you simply read this board, you are a freak, when it comes to Angels baseball.  

It isn't like he hit it at Angel Stadium, or hit it the day before on the road. If I'd gone to the game last night, it probably wouldn't have occurred to me that it was his first game back after the 500th.  

This dosent shock me at all...as it has been said here before..the casual angel fans are pathetic..that's why any team that has a decent strong fan base..they turn angel stadium into their home park..everyone chants let's go (their team)...and that's only one thing out of many they do...it pisses me off

This dosent shock me at all...as it has been said here before..the casual angel fans are pathetic..that's why any team that has a decent strong fan base..they turn angel stadium into their home park..everyone chants let's go (their team)...and that's only one thing out of many they do...it pisses me off

Relatively few people move from LA/OC to Baltimore, STL, etc. It is heavily weighted the other way around. When I was in Baltimore, Angels fans had a stronger chant than the home fans at times. I guess that's an anomaly. Funny thing is that the jumbotron gave fans instructions to "get loud" which is what low self esteem Angels fans complain about here because they believe that right coast fans don't need that in their stadiums. The point being that people who to go to away games tend to be more intense fans so it doesn't help that East coast fans who come to Angels games to show their "pride" of whatever city they're from, which they left, come in force and amp'd. Plus, the general West coast population tends to be more mellow. You either embrace and cherish that across the board or move to the East coast where there's an "edge" or to the midwest where there is nothing to do but devote your time to sports and ribs. As another anecdote, the STL games versus the visiting Dodgers I attended went into extras and half the stadium left. Pujols ended up knocking in the game winning ribeye. I appropriately watched it from my hotel room overlooking the stadium.

Edited by CF8

I remember going to the game in 2003 when Angel players were given their World Series rings in a pre-game ceremony.  I stood and applauded.  It was a big deal for me since I didn't think it would happen in my lifetime.  The old man next to me jabbed me in the leg, complaining that he couldn't see as he sat on his ass.  I sat.  We did not chat during the game.  He left early.  Probably hates blacks too.