• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(former) Angels pitchers

Jason Vargas

2-0, 1.24 ERA, 0.931 WHIP

Dan Haren

3-0, 2.16 ERA, 20 SO, 2 BB

Scott Kazmir

2-0, 1.65 ERA, 0.768 WHIP, 24 SO, 4 BB

Francisco Rodriguez

10 IP, 0.00 ERA, 7 Saves

and on the flip side,

Scott Downs

0-2, 8.44 ERA, 2.250 WHIP

Edited by fan_since79

U forgot ervin santana, jordan walden, and tyler chatwood.

but pitchers leaving here and doing much better doesn't surprise me.  butcher and iannetta area detriment to the pitching staff.

hopefully the new gm shakes things up starting by getting rid of dipoto's love child iannetta.

Edited by Marsaka

Jason Vargas

Dan Haren

Scott Kazmir

Francisco Rodriguez

10 IP, 0.00 ERA, 7 Saves

and on the flip side,

Scott Downs

You forgot Ervin Santana, who has improved immensely since departing the Angels. 

I think Butcher needs to go. 

Jason Vargas

Dan Haren

Scott Kazmir

Francisco Rodriguez

10 IP, 0.00 ERA, 7 Saves

and on the flip side,

Scott Downs

How much money did we save by releasing Haren?????

Wouldn't KROD look good in our bullpen??????

It was a mistake not to offer a QO to Vargas.....

Kazmir......I dont' care what people say, he has to be seeing Colon's nutritionist!

You forgot Ervin Santana, who has improved immensely since departing the Angels. 

When he was kept around, even after the coaching shake-up after last season...I just laughed. The FO had to throw Scioscia a cookie so he didn't sulk, and Butchy was it.

Seeing so many pitchers do well after they leave the angels do justify the dismissal of Butcher. 

I am not really taking Kazmir into account, but Santana has found consistency.  Haren is pitching well.  And Rodney turning into a decent pitcher almost immediately after leaving the angels is pretty damaging.

Ervin had good years with us. The jury will still be out on him until 2-3 years after he signs a long term deal.

Haren was fine for us except when he had back issues.

Kazmir had a bad elbow with us.

Can't really blame Butcher for most of these people.

"Jason Vargas

2-0, 1.24 ERA, 0.931 WHIP"

Don't know why we didn't make a qualifying offer to him?  The guy was 4-starter depth on a team devoid of any AA/AAA level ready to step up.  Even if they sign him, the Skaggs/Santiago trade still can happen and this team is in a much better position depth-wise but I assuming this was a move made primarily for financial reasons.

"Dan Haren

3-0, 2.16 ERA, 20 SO, 2 BB"

The guy had arm and back issues his last year with the Angels and a QO would have been close to $14 mil after

posting a 12-13, 4.33 ERA, 1.29 WHIP .275 BAA, followed by a 10-14 4.67 ERA 1.24 WHIP .268 BAA in D.C.  He's rebounded back from injury this season so far but imagine if he was retained for 2013 and he put up simil;ar numbers.  Do you think he would be back for 2014?

"Scott Kazmir

2-0, 1.65 ERA, 0.768 WHIP, 24 SO, 4 BB"

Kazmir floated around in independent ball for a couple of years before getting a shot with the Indians.  Despite his good showing last season, I don't blame the Tribe for not matching a 2 year for him.  Remains to be seen if he can maintain those numbers.

"Francisco Rodriguez

10 IP, 0.00 ERA, 7 Saves"

The "K-Rod" ship sailed years ago...sometimes old closers find themslves for a couple of years (see Jose Mesa)

"Ervin Santana"

Out of the Haren and Santana, Santana is the one I would have given the QO to just because, even with the results he had in 2012, his stuff still seemed to be there.

I don't particularly like Butcher but I don't see how these are much of an indictment.  The more glaring issue for me in relation to Butcher is the lack of development in our BP arms, particularly their penchant for walking batters and giving up inherited runners. 

"Ervin Santana"

Out of the Haren and Santana, Santana is the one I would have given the QO to just because, even with the results he had in 2012, his stuff still seemed to be there.

Santana was traded to the Royals so we weren't in a position to give him a QO.

Edited by Chimi