• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

(former) Angels pitchers

How much did we pay for Blanton???????  Was the savings really worth it?

Those two items do not have to be connected.  Just because Dipoto stroked out and signed Blanton doesn't mean he should have spent the money on Haren and Santana.

I will argue that Vargas should have been given a solid offer though.

of that list, Jason Vargas is the only one I really have any regrets about with respect to the Halos.......

but even with Justin Vargas - he's doing well this year and many of us thought he would be good this year and next year -- but didn't KC give Vargas a FOUR year deal?  I don't think the Halos wanted to extend him out that far...........and so he went with KC and is looking pretty sharp for them.

K-Rod?  I didn't mind letting him go (and he sure saw the market for his services drop almost over night -- when he signed that new deal with who? the NY Mets? He got pretty much what the Halos offered to extend him............oh well.......he's bounced around since then and seems to be pitching better this year). I wish we would have made a run at K-Rod this year as as a set up who could also close some games (I prefer a closer by committee approach, which IMO, leaves the other team guessing which I think is good ---- Mr. Formula Mike tends to use the same player in the same situation night after night until the point where the guy finally fails so spectacularly, there's no alternative but to ship him out.........

the rest of that list? the Halos gave them a good shot.