• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Meet the new Angels OF

Long is about to turn 27.  Use him or let him go somewhere else.  Not sure he's going to "develop" any more.

Yep, pretty much this.

Even if Long wouldn't be playing every. single. day. up here, he would have a shot at playing pretty regularly since the 2 corner OF spots would be between him, Shuck, and Cowgill.

But nope, gotta run through our supply of other teams' rejects first!

Edited by jshep

Its my opinion this organization is not very good at knowing what to do when a starter gets injured.  They just seem to call up the crappiest veteran they can find while the younger solid kids continue to play in AAA and understand that this organization has zero faith in them.

Not that Matt Long is a top prospect or anything, he's probably a bench guy in the long run, but it must kind of suck to have the solid track record he's had in the minors, and then kill it in ST thinking you're in the running for a roster spot, and then watch even the likes of Brennan Boesch get the call before you do.

Wow what ever happened to all the happy talk?

The Angels are now 4 games out after playing only 14 games (less than 9% of the season).  I was the negative guy on this board and I thought it would take the Angels until the end of April to get 4 games out.  At this rate, the team would be down 40+ games before by end of the season.

Welp, Long needs to play every day.  Apparently he needs to develop his talent more. He'd be part of a rotation in Anaheim which would hinder him in the long run.  Boesch can ride pine and still contribute.  He's a body on the bench.  Long is probably being looked at as more than that. 

Yeah how dare Long play everyday over freaking talent like Cowgill, Shuck, and Ibanez.  

Wow what ever happened to all the happy talk?

The Angels are now 4 games out after playing only 14 games (less than 9% of the season).  I was the negative guy on this board and I thought it would take the Angels until the end of April to get 4 games out.  At this rate, the team would be down 40+ games before by end of the season.

...and a brutal road trip coming up. We can only hope to be down by four games at the end of the month.

Probably, and it's the predictable move this team usually makes. Go with the crappy vet who has "major league experience" over the unproven guy.

Halos bench now has Stewart and Boesch on it. 2 lefties who can't hit and strike out a ton

Edited by bloodbrother

Probably, and it's the predictable move this team usually makes. Go with the crappy vet who has "major league experience" over the unproven guy.

Halos bench now has Stewart and Boesch on it. 2 lefties who can't hit and strike out a ton

And Boesch adds the fun dimension of also not playing his position well!

So have they actually announced Boesch yet?  Haven't seen it.  I'm guessing Tim Mead told Chuck that or something?

No, not Tim Mead. 

Another source told me he thought that's where they were leaning, but "they needed to look a little deeper". 

I'm hoping they can remember what transpired in the month of March in Arizona. How deep do you need to look? 

I hate to say this - I love Kole he is a great player but how are these professional athletes so damn fragile ? He is a young man in top physical condition and he got hurt that badly running hard on a grounder ? So now he is gonna be out what 2 months ? Such a Shame he was finding his groove at the plate too

Athletes sprain ankles all the time.  I am not sure its an indication of being fragile.