• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Impressed with Hamilton so far...

tdawg87

It is amazing how you guys give credit to Baylor. Hamilton was out with an injury for half of spring training and Baylor is now out with an injury.....yet it is Baylor who gets the credit for the Josh returning to the 2012 Josh.

yea Baylor really changed things in two weeks..

quote name="IowaAngels27" post="300428" timestamp="1396676812"]

This is where having Don Baylor on staff makes a huge difference. He has Hamilton waiting for fastballs and mistake pitches and taking advantage of them. Great game from him tonight. Keep it up!

If Hamilton can keep this up and Kendrys replaces Pujols come June then this offense will be crazy good.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

Firstly, the offense wont be crazy good if we need to replace Pujols with someone.  We dont have enough capable hitters to consider it "Crazy good."  The only way we can reach that level is if Pujols, Trout, and Hamilton are all performing like superstars.  Outside of those 3, there isnt really much talent in the lineup.  Freese, Kendrick, and Aybar are all predictable hitters who will most likely put up mediocre numbers at best.  Ianetta is a solid hitter for a catcher, but hes not anything close to all star caliber.  Ibanez is a one dimensional power hitter who will give you the occasional home run.  Calhoun has upside, but hes very unpredictable at this point.

Freese is currently hitting .250, Hamilton .500.

I would honestly prefer a more patient hitter batting 3rd tbh. Pujols and Hamilton suck at working counts and giving the 1st two batters a chance to steal.

I wouldn't mind having freese hit 3rd.

As has been mentioned thousands of times, your 5th best hitter should bat 3rd. So if anything that might be Pujols right now (he's probably even worse than that), but in an ideal situation our 4 best hitters are clearly Calhoun, Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton. This means they should hit 1,2, 4, and 5. The 3rd spot is anyone's guess between Freese, Ibanez, Kendrick, and Ianetta.

I might go with Ibanez personally because he at least avoids DPs by striking out. But with Pujols sucking right now he is fine in the 3rd spot.

Ibanez? Seriously? The dude is as impatient as they come. I think the best way to fix the running game is to have a patient guy who sees a lot of pitches hit 3.

I'd like to see

Calhoun

Trout

Freese

Hamilton

Pujols