• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deflated

I want to be optimistic but there is basically nothing to be excited about with this team right now. Pujols is playing like shit btw, I thought everyone said he was going to mash this year. His approach doesn't look good to me. He looks slow on the pitch inside and is still trying to pull everything...ugh. At least Hamilton is doing well.

Pujols has 2 doubles in 2 games so far. I'm not sure what you've been watching.

Also hit 2 hard hit balls that were a few feet away from dropping for hits. 

I try not to be a sky is falling guy, and I realize it is only two games, but unfortunately a baseball team can dig myself into a big hole really quickly. A 2-8 start, for example, could prove to be too big of a deficit to overcome.

I am not concerned now, but if they lose again tonight I think the pressure will be on.

I was of the belief that Pujols and Hamilton were going to be improved this year. I still believe that to be true. However the 1st 2 games the team looks EXACTLY like the 2013 team. Same bad baseball, RISP, defense and pitching plus I think everyone here is worried that April will be a disaster and the Halos will have to dig themselves out of another hole. They are making it very hard to be optimistic.

Well what can you do?

I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but the sky is falling crowd is hilarious.

I am not saying the sky is falling. I am saying that i was completely jacked up and excited all day at work on Monday and that excitement is gone because last years memories have returned.

I will hold off on judgement until there are a reasonable amount of games

Tonight's game is a must-win game. If this team believes it is championship worthy they need to demonstrate it by game 3 or this season will be over soon after it started.

</sarcasm>

Relax, I'm not worried about about this team other than you should probably reduce the expected win total by 1 game from one's preseason prediction.

2 games is hardly enough to get worried over. They have the entire month of April to figure things out. If on May 1st they are still playing like crap then I will say there is clearly something wrong with this team and start losing interest.

2 games is hardly enough to get worried over. They have the entire month of April to figure things out. If on May 1st they are still playing like crap then I will say there is clearly something wrong with this team and start losing interest.

I'm not ready to declare the sky to be falling but this just brought up a nauseating feeling of deja vu. Being back in the realm of "the entire month of April to figure things out" is uncomfortably similar to a year ago and I'm not ready to concede that we're back in the same boat.

people have been saying this for 2 years now.  if they wait till may 1st to figure things out, then the season might be over by then again.  at this point, i wouldnt mind a knee jerk reaction from the FO and fire scioscia within the next couple days if the team doesnt improve.  

The feeling of doom in my gut sickens me. I had hopes, high hopes and now they just look like the same ol team. Hopefully, unlike the last few years, "Its only 2 games"' mantra is true and this team starts winning!  I will say however, I am soooooo sick of people slamming on Pujols for no reason. The dude was on track to hit 30 bombs and over 100 RBIs last year on one leg (or no legs really), and so far this year, he has 2 doubles, has scored a couple of runs and overall looks better. STOP IT WITH THE PUJOLS SUCKS CRAP. What sucks so far is the pitching, plain and simple. 18 runs in 2 games????? That is completely unacceptable.

people have been saying this for 2 years now. if they wait till may 1st to figure things out, then the season might be over by then again. at this point, i wouldnt mind a knee jerk reaction from the FO and fire scioscia within the next couple days if the team doesnt improve.

Because losing your manager and hitting coach in the first week of the season will do wonders for the team.

Trout went 0-3 last night, should we fire him too?

There's a lot of season left no doubt but I don't blame anyone for getting a bit down after the first 2 games especially considering how the team has done overall the last few years.  The sky definitely isn't falling but at the same time I think expectations are changing or rather reality is setting in now that the season has started.  To clarify I don't mean reality like the team is going to lose the division just give up now rather the initial high of a new season and extending Trout give way to the actual games being played.  It's a long season with plenty of ups and downs and I just hope there's more ups than downs and meaningful games played in September and eventually October.  

I listened to the end of the game on the radio last night, driving home.  I thought, 'well, if they continue like this, playing like they have over last few seasons, it'll be easier to get game day tickets and sit pretty much where ever I want.  Just like I did back in the '90s.' 

Though the baseball was brutal, it was alright to be in the stadium with the laid back atmosphere and without the 'fans' who didn't know much about the game or players.  Of course, now we have the force fed ads between innings and the god-awful Buttercup and other distractions, but still, I'll get something out of it.

I listened to the end of the game on the radio last night, driving home.  I thought, 'well, if they continue like this, playing like they have over last few seasons, it'll be easier to get game day tickets and sit pretty much where ever I want.  Just like I did back in the '90s.' 

Though the baseball was brutal, it was alright to be in the stadium with the laid back atmosphere and without the 'fans' who didn't know much about the game or players.  Of course, now we have the force fed ads between innings and the god-awful Buttercup and other distractions, but still, I'll get something out of it.

The new jumbotron bullpen highlights, and walk in music for the relievers, sounds pretty much worth the price of admission.

I want to be optimistic but there is basically nothing to be excited about with this team right now. Pujols is playing like shit btw, I thought everyone said he was going to mash this year. His approach doesn't look good to me. He looks slow on the pitch inside and is still trying to pull everything...ugh. At least Hamilton is doing well.

two doubles in two games is not playing well??

If I am not mistaken, His slugging % is pretty close to Trout right now?

I think what is so frustrating is that after only two games our bull pen looks like sh*t again.  Four years of a crappy BP....isn't that long enough?  I am tired of both Kohn and Jepson because they both have been around during those last five years.  If they can't perform now, they never will.......