• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Annoying Coworkers

Like most people, I had a co-worker with this unforgivable combo:  1.  Personal Space Invader.  Talked at you with about one foot between his face and yours.  2.  Drone Story Teller.  He would talk about nothingness with little side passages offering no escape.  You couldn't get a word in to excuse yourself.   ie:  "I went to the cleaners to pick-up a shirt my mom gave me for my birthday where she served my favorite spaghetti recipe; I love spaghetti, but not with the runny sauce.  It has to be thick.  I'll make it sometime and bring some into work.  And when I got to the cleaners; it's off Laurel Canyon and I always wondered if they did a good job but I heard they were expensive but I didn't have a choice since it's close to work and I am going to my ex-girlfriend's wedding on Saturday.  The guy she's marrying is a real kook.  Talks way too much..."

I once had to give him a time-out signal then tell him I had to take a 3-2-1 dump.  I scurried to the restroom and didn't look back.  Washed my hands and went back to work.

For the most part my co-workers are fine, but of course working in IT with a bunch of dudes lacking in the social skills department there are some weirdos.  There's a guy that sits in the cubicle across from me, and he'll just rip huge farts a few times a day, much to the amusement of a couple of the other guys.  I like a fart joke as much as the next guy, but after about the 100th time you'd figure it would get old.  Apparently not though; these guys lap it up like their brains have been erased and it's the first time they've heard flatulence. 

For the most part my co-workers are fine, but of course working in IT with a bunch of dudes lacking in the social skills department there are some weirdos.  There's a guy that sits in the cubicle across from me, and he'll just rip huge farts a few times a day, much to the amusement of a couple of the other guys.  I like a fart joke as much as the next guy, but after about the 100th time you'd figure it would get old.  Apparently not though; these guys lap it up like their brains have been erased and it's the first time they've heard flatulence. 

I don't know how you put up with that. I couldn't deal with it.

Annoying co-workers?

Our system was internet dependent, meaning that we needed to be on the internet in order to do our work. One employee spent massive amounts of time on MySpace and Facebook, clogging up the bandwidth and slowing everyone else in the office down.  Since we had 2 internet connections, one devoted to a mail server and the other devoted to the mainframe, I simply switched her over to the mail server line while the rest of us stayed on the mainframe line.  Her speed dropped dramatically while everyone else in the office's production went through the roof due to the increased speed.

I did this with permission from the boss on the QT who saw the results and called me into his office while she was in there to complain about it so I could "look into it".  Spent the rest of the time she was at the company running down one false lead or another as to what her problem was.  It was strange, it was only her computer that was slow now instead of the entire companies.  Funny how that works.

Annoying co-workers?

Our system was internet dependent, meaning that we needed to be on the internet in order to do our work. One employee spent massive amounts of time on MySpace and Facebook, clogging up the bandwidth and slowing everyone else in the office down.  Since we had 2 internet connections, one devoted to a mail server and the other devoted to the mainframe, I simply switched her over to the mail server line while the rest of us stayed on the mainframe line.  Her speed dropped dramatically while everyone else in the office's production went through the roof due to the increased speed.

I did this with permission from the boss on the QT who saw the results and called me into his office while she was in there to complain about it so I could "look into it".  Spent the rest of the time she was at the company running down one false lead or another as to what her problem was.  It was strange, it was only her computer that was slow now instead of the entire companies.  Funny how that works.

Was she hot?

Annoying co-workers?

Did you tell her to delete all cookies & favorite internet sites,  run a virus scan,   then defrag and reboot?

• 7 years later...
On 3/20/2013 at 8:52 PM, Franklin Bluth said:

One time I shared a workspace with mancini. Let's just say it was several years before I could bring myself back into an office environment.

TIL that mancini was the st1ckboy of March 2013.

i hope none of you are the guy that can't find the mute button on zoom.

one of my colleagues in jr. high feels the need to comment on absolutely everything, and she always interrupts others in the process. her self-awareness is zero.