• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels lucky Mike Trout is even thinking about an extension

NrM

Pouliot is awful so no surprise this was written by him

Matthew Pouliot ‏@matthewpouliot 23h

I think the Red Sox have had Trout in the back of their minds with how they've approached these last 2 offseasons.

lol

Wonder what he thought in 97 when the Bosox renewed Nomar for the absolute lowest minimum salary?

Oh man. This guy is stupid. Well that just proves this article was written out of butthurt and not actual reporting.

"At this point, the only thing standing between the Angels and being a largely irrelevant second banana in the Los Angeles market is Mike Trout."

As almost always is the case, when a writer is snarky right from the beginning, they are usually quite skewed on the facts as well. This guy didn't disappoint. 

Edited by Jim

"However, Trout’s quickest path to being both a World Series winner and the game’s highest-paid player would seem to be to eschew such a deal now."

So, according to this author, the quickest path to being a WS winner is to wait 4 years (because the Angels have NO SHOT at going to the WS in the next 4 years) and then of course picking the absolutely right team that will win the WS in 5 years. Of course that team would also have to agree to make him the highest paid player ever for this author to be right.

Yeah. Sure.

the comments that follow the article are just as special... unbelievable.  I love the idea that most of these writers have written off the Angels now and in the near future.  How often are their predictions even close to being right? 

To be honest, they aren't all that different than a lot of Angels fans in that regard.

"The team’s Opening Day lineup this year will likely have just one player besides Trout under 30"

The 2014 Red Sox:

Shane Victorino 33

Daniel Nava 31

Dustin Pedroia 30

David Ortiz 38

Mike Napoli 32

Xander Bogaerts 21

AJ Pierzynski 37

Will Middlebrooks 25

Jackie Bradley 23

Well, they have one more than us.  That makes all the difference in the world, I guess.  

To be honest, they aren't all that different than a lot of Angels fans in that regard.

IP - That's true... but when a national writer dismisses the Angels that easily, it makes me angry. These guy make bad predictions all the time - you'd think they'd learn a little humility.  I find his comments arrogant and insulting.  I usually don't give a rip about what writers say about the Angels - but this particular article was written like a 12 year old did it. The statements are predictable and not without a great deal of thought.

Edited by True Grich

There's is no reason to be butt hurt over a sports writers opinion. It's not like everything he said is a lie. I'm happy to know Trout wants to sign a extension.

I agree. The piece does appear to have a couple points of truth. Too bad they're mired in the overall crap of this ill-conceived article. And yes, no need to pay him any more attention than he deserves.