• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The greatest feat in Baseball history

Interesting thing about Dimaggio's streak (MUCH more impressive than Barroid Bonds' 756th HR) was that he was robbed of at least one hit by Ken Keltner in the 57th game, then started another hitting streak the following game.

16 game streak in fact, and if not for Keltner (2 great plays actually), the streak could have been 73 games. 

Here's another: On only three occasions Ted Williams struck out three times in a single game.

Trivia: Who's the pitcher who did it to him in two of those games?

AO would remember this from the Trivia threads.

I'd say Whitey Ford, but that would be too easy.

Interesting thing about Dimaggio's streak (MUCH more impressive than Barroid Bonds' 756th HR) was that he was robbed of at least one hit by Ken Keltner in the 57th game, then started another hitting streak the following game.

Also had a 61 game hitting streak in the minors. 

Roids or not hes still the most entertaining player of the last 100 years.  I dont get whats so hard to understand about that.  

Clarifying the obvious.

I imagine you probably didn't see Willie Mays, Ted Williams, or Mickey Mantle play, much less Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx.

Did you ever watch Sandy Koufax pitch?   How about Nolan Ryan?   Hell, how about Randy Johnson.    Fear and intimidation for more than decade with those guys.  

Sure, Bonds got a lot of free passes for a small stretch when he was riding the roid train.    Yeah he hit a few monster bombs in the 2002 WS LOSS to the Angels.

I don't see what's so stupid about that. I mean it's hyperbole, which this entire thread is based upon, but it isn't like he said Jeff Mathis is the most entertaining player in the past 100 years because of his amazing game-calling skills. Homeruns are entertaining. Bonds hit them more than anyone else in history. I'd say he was pretty entertaining.

Yep, I got it when no-hitters in both leagues was mentioned, and the NL one was in 1964.

Jim Bunning

Right.

The NL one was a perfect game on Father's Day, 1964. I listened to that game on the radio with my Dad. I was nine years old and living in Philadelphia.

One of my treasured baseball memories. Dad passed away last February.

I don't see what's so stupid about that. I mean it's hyperbole, which this entire thread is based upon, but it isn't like he said Jeff Mathis is the most entertaining player in the past 100 years because of his amazing game-calling skills. Homeruns are entertaining. Bonds hit them more than anyone else in history. I'd say he was pretty entertaining.

What was most entertaining about his 73 HR season was that any pitch chest-high and over the plate was gone. Nothing short of a home run, and long ones at that.

Short, powerful swing and incredible bat speed. 

I thought the McGwire/Sosa race was far more entertaining than Bonds.  But it might be Bonds personality more than anything.  He is up there with Reggie on my most personable list.