• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitching Notes: Garza, Arroyo, Buyers, Hammel, Williams, Byrdak

gotbeer

Baseball is by far the hardest sport to predict on paper. It is assumed by many that none of our big money players will produce. If they do than this could be and awesome year. If they continue to tank than the lean years will continue. I just see so much potential in our line up I cant understand throwing in the towel before spring training even starts. It almost seems like some are too nervous to be optimistic because of recent disappointments. 

Baseball is by far the hardest sport to predict on paper. It is assumed by many that none of our big money players will produce. If they do than this could be and awesome year. If they continue to tank than the lean years will continue. I just see so much potential in our line up I cant understand throwing in the towel before spring training even starts. It almost seems like some are too nervous to be optimistic because of recent disappointments. 

Well said, Jangel7

Yep.

And this is right after a team predicted to finish 3rd or 4th in their division won the World Series, with a rebound from their 37 year old slugger.

The closer we get to ST without another signing has me thinking they are comfortable with the staff as is and have no intention of bringing anyone else on board and I'm actually ok with that at this point. If Hammel or Capuano could be had for a cheap one year deal I would think the Angels would have already made that happen. Unless of course they were never interested to begin with.

The issue is, as it stands today, that rotation just isnt good enough, especially in the post-season.  I dont see Weaver as a legitimate ace anymore, mainly due to injuries and reduced velocity.  Wilson is a good pitcher, a good #2 but he has some ups and downs.

I hate to say this, but beyond Weaver and Wilson, it looks like 3 #4 types. 

I assume Pujols and Hamilton will bounce back and produce (actually, I'm fairly certain AP will have a very, very good year with an OPS of around .9xx) and the offense will be good.  I'm a legitimately concerned that the pitching staff is the yolk around the neck of the team this season.

Then if Lindsey is ready sometime in the next year, jettison another $8.25 million in trading Kendrick within the next year. That plus Wells' $18 million and Blanton's $7.5 million = almost $34 million freed up after 2014.

I thought it wasn't my money and deals such as the Wells debacle wouldn't impact our ability to sign talent?