• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Active Hall of Famers

I disagree on beltre, although if he keeps it going he has a shot.

I like him, a lot. I was very vocal about targetting him when we were after crawford (and more than a few openly thought I was crazy). But I wouldn't give him the HOF just yet.

Great glove. Durable. Had a great mvp year w the dogs. But I think his seattle numbers balance out his tex/boston numbers.

I'm not as familiar with advanced stats as some of you, but what do his neutralized numbers look like? Seattle is tough on bats, texas helps them.

On the topic, I'd say pujols, jeter, ortiz, halladay. Arod should but won't like the rest of them (at least for now).

Its tpo early to say guys like kershaw. He should end up there though. Votto could.

And yes on MCab

I disagree on beltre, although if he keeps it going he has a shot.

I like him, a lot. I was very vocal about targetting him when we were after crawford (and more than a few openly thought I was crazy). But I wouldn't give him the HOF just yet.

Great glove. Durable. Had a great mvp year w the dogs. But I think his seattle numbers balance out his tex/boston numbers.

I'm not as familiar with advanced stats as some of you, but what do his neutralized numbers look like? Seattle is tough on bats, texas helps them.

On the topic, I'd say pujols, jeter, ortiz, halladay. Arod should but won't like the rest of them (at least for now).

Its tpo early to say guys like kershaw. He should end up there though. Votto could.

And yes on MCab

Agreed on Beltre, too many decent at best seasons around the 1 great Raviners 2004 season, 1 great Red Sux 2010 season, and the 3 great seasons in Texas so far.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Beltre has had 6 seasons with a 5+ WAR. He has also had 11 seasons with a 3+ war. 495 doubles, 376 HR, 2426 2B, 116 SB, 1177 Runs, 1307 RBI. He is also one of the best defensive third basemen ever. HOF already and he will have massive numbers by the time he retires.

Am I the only one who has mentioned Berkman?

Career .943 OPS is 26th all time ahead of Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and Jeff Mathis. 350+ homeruns and if he stays relatively healthy the next year or two (unless he retires) he should have over 2000 hits. .406 OBP is 43rd all time. Granted he has been pretty bad defensively over his career, he has still amassed a career 51.8 WAR in 15 seasons.

I dont think there is any chance Berkman makes it. Less than 2,000 hits. Nota ton of home runs. He has been injured for majority of the season 3 of the last 4 years. He was not productive at all last season. 51.5 is a horrible WAR for a HOF player. Not to mention he is 37.

I dont think there is any chance Berkman makes it. Less than 2,000 hits. Nota ton of home runs. He has been injured for majority of the season 3 of the last 4 years. He was not productive at all last season. 51.5 is a horrible WAR for a HOF player. Not to mention he is 37.

As I said, he will likely have more than 2000 hits by the end of his career, unless he retires after next season. I'm not sure what your point is regarding his health, as he is nearing the end of his career. BTW there are about 20 position players in the HOF with lower career WAR's.

Also look at a guy like John Olerud. 255 career homeruns. .863 career OPS. Are you going to tell me he belongs in the Hall over Berkman because he has a couple hundred more hits and about 2+ WAR?

As I said, he will likely have more than 2000 hits by the end of his career, unless he retires after next season. I'm not sure what your point is regarding his health, as he is nearing the end of his career. BTW there are about 20 position players in the HOF with lower career WAR's.

Also look at a guy like John Olerud. 255 career homeruns. .863 career OPS. Are you going to tell me he belongs in the Hall over Berkman because he has a couple hundred more hits and about 2+ WAR?

I would say Olerud is more deserving. Olderud was incredible defensively.

Am I the only one who has mentioned Berkman?

Career .943 OPS is 26th all time ahead of Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and Jeff Mathis. 350+ homeruns and if he stays relatively healthy the next year or two (unless he retires) he should have over 2000 hits. .406 OBP is 43rd all time. Granted he has been pretty bad defensively over his career, he has still amassed a career 51.8 WAR in 15 seasons.

He's retiring.

lincecum has had brilliance followed by extreme mediocrity. i don't think he's even remotely close to the hall right now. he's going to need to get back to being spectacular real soon and for a very long time.

same goes for matt cain.

That's not usually how it works. Can you think of one example? Maybe Bartolo Colon?