• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 10 predictions for MLB season 2014 (sports illustrated)

Ohtaniland

No matter what happens the previous year/s, that lineup will make anybody excited. Now that we know who not to pitch (Blanton + Hanson), finally, and have added two young lefties as well as bullpen help.. plus Richards is finally given the trust to be a starter. I'm excited about the likelihood of a pretty balanced team and decent depth making the playoffs seem possible. The players just need to perform. 

If we can add another veteran starter to the rotation, then I'll like our chances even more.

Edited by Shane

10. Billy Beane's you-know-what finally works in the playoffs.

The well-rounded club put together by Oakland's general manager will win its first World Series in 25 years. The A's, who have won just one postseason series in eight tries under Beane's leadership, have either above-average players or capable platoons at every position, plus a dynamic young rotation and the makings of the game's best bullpen. They'll defeat the Nationals -- who will do in 2014 what they were supposed to do in '13 by reaching the Fall Classic -- and return the championship trophy to the Bay Area for the third time in five seasons.

That would suck!!

I could see Pujols, Hamilton, and Trout hit 30 homeruns, Calhoun and Ibanez could hit 20-25 in my opinion, Freese could hit 15-20, Howie should be in the 10-15 range, I think Aybar could repeat his 2010 totals of 10 bombs ditto with Iannetta, Conger should provide a little thump. If everyone's healthy, Hamilton's comfortable, Calhoun does turn into the player we all believe he is, and Ibanez can continue to find the fountain of youth, we have the the best lineup in the game

I wouldn't mind this at all.  If Trout wins AL MVP, it will mean the Angels made the playoffs.  If both Pujols and Hamilton hit 30+ HR's, it will like also mean the Angels will have made the playoffs.  It would also mean Trout would probably threaten to break the record for most runs scored in a single season. 

I could see Pujols, Hamilton, and Trout hit 30 homeruns, Calhoun and Ibanez could hit 20-25 in my opinion, Freese could hit 15-20, Howie should be in the 10-15 range, I think Aybar could repeat his 2010 totals of 10 bombs ditto with Iannetta, Conger should provide a little thump. If everyone's healthy, Hamilton's comfortable, Calhoun does turn into the player we all believe he is, and Ibanez can continue to find the fountain of youth, we have the the best lineup in the game

Very optimistic, but really hoping this is the case!

No matter what happens the previous year/s, that lineup will make anybody excited. Now that we know who not to pitch (Blanton + Hanson), finally, and have added two young lefties as well as bullpen help.. plus Richards is finally given the trust to be a starter. I'm excited about the likelihood of a pretty balanced team and decent depth making the playoffs seem possible. The players just need to perform. 

If we can add another veteran starter to the rotation, then I'll like our chances even more.

Agree.

Really like the young arms we got. And I am hoping that having Baylor for hitting coach will wake up the vets that have been slumping. No need to mention names.

Another quality vet arm for the starting rotation and this club looks good going into Spring Training. I did say quality Jerry.

Padres are a really easy team to root for in my opinion.  They're a geographical and divisional rival to the Angels' rival which is the Dodgers.  Their manager is a former Angel coach.  Their GM and our GM have history.  They're a fellow California team.  They don't have overly obnoxious fans and no premadonna players. 

Padres are a really easy team to root for in my opinion.  They're a geographical and divisional rival to the Angels' rival which is the Dodgers.  Their manager is a former Angel coach.  Their GM and our GM have history.  They're a fellow California team.  They don't have overly obnoxious fans and no premadonna players. 

except Carlos Quentin.  Other than that, I agree. 

I think Pujols @ 30 is a stretch. The guy has Tim Salmon power, not Glaus/Trumbo power. The first three months are just too mentally brutal on him to project 30 HRs.

Well, he hit 30 in his first year here despite basically missing the first month of the season. And he was on pace for close to 30 last year on one foot, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch.