• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

I'm slightly more optimistic after this news. It's still a slim chance because of the number of teams that will probably be involved but I think there's a decent chance we actually land this guy after hearing this report.

Hopefully some sort of deal happens in the next week so the rest of the market can finally shape up.

Going into the season, he wouldn't be the #1 here but I think there would be a good chance he ends up being the #1 by the end of the year.

im sorry but i can agree... better than Weaver?  if he ended up better than Wilson i would be happily surprised, the projections suggest there is little reason to beleive he would be #1 on our staff other than hope and wishful thinking

im sorry but i can agree... better than Weaver? if he ended up better than Wilson i would be happily surprised, the projections suggest there is little reason to beleive he would be #1 on our staff other than hope and wishful thinking

I think he can definitely be better than Wilson. My guess is he would be slightly worse than Weaver but not by a whole lot.

I'm a little more optimistic on Tanaka than some people though so I may be a little biased. He probably profiles as a good #2, which is right around where Weaver is at this stage in his career.

I think he can definitely be better than Wilson. My guess is he would be slightly worse than Weaver but not by a whole lot.

I'm a little more optimistic on Tanaka than some people though so I may be a little biased. He probably profiles as a good #2, which is right around where Weaver is at this stage in his career.

I am curious what you base that on though as everything ive read from multiple sources project him to be about a 3.5 ERA guy at most... ive not see anything suggesting he would be better than that. 

Assuming that would be accurate that puts him a close and very solid 3 behind Wilson and Weaver in that regard, but still #3. 

I'm looking at scouting reports from Baseball Prospectus and looking at the projections from various sites.

If the projections for him are right and he ends up being a 3.5-4 WAR pitcher, that would classify him as a fantastic number 3 or a good #2.

The good ground ball rate, great walk rate and above average strikeout rate make for a potentially great pitcher.

I've read much better reports and have seen some projected ERA's in the low 3's.

Ok, just a question.  But if the Dodgers are so keen on getting Tanaka.  Could it be that they are willing to let Kershaw go to FAcy?  Kershaw at his age, could be looking for a 10+/$300+ contract.  Or the Dodgers sign Tanaka to a 6/$102 per the rumor that he was looking for $17 million.  

Ok, just a question.  But if the Dodgers are so keen on getting Tanaka.  Could it be that they are willing to let Kershaw go to FAcy?  Kershaw at his age, could be looking for a 10+/$300+ contract.  Or the Dodgers sign Tanaka to a 6/$102 per the rumor that he was looking for $17 million.  

The Dodgers did say they would offer Kershaw an extension this offseason. Maybe he turned it down which now has the Dodgers looking for a cheaper option to lock up someone for 5 years. Or it could be a bluff to get Clayton and his agent to rethink the offer and take it. That could be the reason why the Dodgers went public saying they wouldn't be outbid for Tanaka.

Per Rotoworld.com the Yankees, Dodgers and Halos are the finalist with the Yankees in the lead. If this is the case if the Angels do not get him at least it won't be a team in the AL West. Many reports say he wanted to be in NY, Boston or LA. I think it comes down to the Yankees or Angels and with A-Frauds case going to the federal courts and still keeping the Yankees responsible for his contract might help the Angels chances as the younger Steinbrenners have concerns for the 189 million whereas their father would never have cared. Seems like answer might not go to the 24th.

I don't think Kuroda currently wearing 18 is a remotely a factor whether Tanaka signs with the Bronx Bombers or not.

I don't think that you a should a be a using a the a letter a "a" so wildly.

Consider a this a warning.

The a next a time a you a do a this a you'll receive what most would consider to be a harsh punishment.

I don't think that you a should a be a using a the a letter a "a" so wildly.

Consider a this a warning.

The a next a time a you a do a this a you'll receive what most would consider to be a harsh punishment.

Does it involved a hot female stripogram? Perhaps Amy Pond in the first episode of the Matt Smith Doctor Who era?