• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tanaka asks to go to Majors, Rakutan asks him to stay.

Scott34

If the Yankees want to avoid the luxury tax, they're not signing Tanaka, if he gets posted. Not with the new rules...........

For the Yankees, the big wildcard is Arod.  If his suspension gets upheld.  Then the Yanks are free of his $27.5 million+ CBT hit for next season.  Decision is expected in January, and with a 30 day window for a Tanaka signing, they might know in time to put a stupid bid in.

gotbeer, 

I think they're over anyway, and for a number of consecutive years. It still might make sense for them financially, but I can't see them being 28M over the CBT as that would cost them another 28M. 

Also in my Yankees post, I didn't include Matt Thornton or Brian Roberts, they'll be north of 189 for sure. They are counting on A-Rod's Salary being voided. Which just isn't going to happen. No Precedent. 

gotbeer, 

I think they're over anyway, and for a number of consecutive years. It still might make sense for them financially, but I can't see them being 28M over the CBT as that would cost them another 28M. 

Not sure.  I don't keep track of their CBT like the Angels.  

Just a quick runthrough.

Arod +$1.5

Wells -$6.6

Teix -$0.6

CC +$1.4

Soriana -$2

Not sure how Wells situation calculates out to.  Since his CBT number is lower than what the Yanks get from us and the Jays.  But they are at $172 million opening day payroll right now.  They have a opening day vs CBT difference of -$6.3 million.  Add in the $11 million all teams pay.  So they are guessing at roughly at $177 million.  So it'll all hinge on Arod, or them trading another player away.  

Also in my Yankees post, I didn't include Matt Thornton or Brian Roberts, they'll be north of 189 for sure. They are counting on A-Rod's Salary being voided. Which just isn't going to happen. No Precedent. 

That would add another $5.5 million to their CBT.  Still under by a hair.  Arod and/or a trade can make a big impact on that.

@JonHeymanCBS: #yanks planning to try for tanaka. it'll be tight squeeze to fit him under $189M threshhold. @JeffPassan: NYY is $178M now

@JonHeymanCBS: that $178M current yankees payroll, via @JeffPassan , does not include the 3B who's in limbo

Yankee info

lol limbo.

like the yanks dont have MLB bent over doing whatever they want.

MLB will get a-rod's contract voided so they don't have to pay him his $25m / year any more.

i think its pretty clear what's going on there. 

lol limbo.

like the yanks dont have MLB bent over doing whatever they want.

MLB will get a-rod's contract voided so they don't have to pay him his $25m / year any more.

i think its pretty clear what's going on there.

Which means their payroll is at $178 million right now.

I get you. It is totally a risk but there's 0% it ends up a GMJ/Wells/Pujols/all the bad contracts. The potential reward is worth 10-15M I think.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not very comfortable with scott the handshaker saying somethings a 0 percent risk. Thats a black cat walking over broken mirror glass under a ladder in my book.

And remember scott.....it was your friendly handshake that turned number 5 into gmj.