• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Diamondbacks acquire Addison Reed for Matt Davidson

Chuck

Really don't get what Kevin Towers is doing anymore.

Nice move for the White Sox though.

Well Reed is young and cost controlled for four years, plus they have a lot of 3B depth in the organization. I think it's a good trade for both really. I think they're going to get Chavez for 3B until Drury and/or Lamb is ready for 3B.

Towers claimed that he wanted more power and ribbies in his lineup, and now he makes this trade? he appears to be pretty clueless. Reagins-esque

towers has never been good at developing or acquiring position players, but the guy has a long distinguished history with pitching acquisitions. if his stock ever fell off and i was a gm, i'd hire him and put him in charge of the bullpen. he absolutely kills it and on the cheap too.

The odd thing to me is that Addison is a fly ball pitcher in Arizona along with Coors in the same division. Good pitcher and four years of control but his HR/9 is about to tick up a bit I think.

Eh, Chicago is arguably just as hitter-friendly as Arizona. Nothing compares to Coors but the AL central is mostly hitter's parks, whereas the NL West is the opposite. I think it evens out.

Eh, Chicago is arguably just as hitter-friendly as Arizona. Nothing compares to Coors but the AL central is mostly hitter's parks, whereas the NL West is the opposite. I think it evens out.

Shockingly, Cellular Field was a better HR park than Coors, and significantly better than Chase.  http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor

Could Towers just be acquiring him to move him as part of a Price trade? We know the Rays have no use for a guy like Davidson, not with Longoria being there.

I think if they were seriously interested in Price, they would have held onto Skaggs and Eaton. 

Then they could have packaged up Skaggs, Eaton, Reed+ more to land Price. 

Towers prefers saves and ribbies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tasty?!

The top 4 teams in runs scored were in the playoffs, two of them ended up in the World Series.

The #1 in the Al vs the #1 in the NL.

The same two teams were the tops of their league in RBI.

The same two teams had the most wins of any team in their league.

The Angels were 120 runs fewer than Boston and didn't make the playoffs.

I wonder if there is anything to draw from this?

The top 4 teams in runs scored were in the playoffs, two of them ended up in the World Series.

The #1 in the Al vs the #1 in the NL.

The same two teams were the tops of their league in RBI.

The same two teams had the most wins of any team in their league.

The Angels were 120 runs fewer than Boston and didn't make the playoffs.

I wonder if there is anything to draw from this?

yeah. 

those teams got on base more often than we did. 

and they also pitched a shitload better. 

yeah. 

those teams got on base more often than we did. 

and they also pitched a shitload better. 

The Angels were 4th in the AL for OBP and 5th in all of baseball. They sucked at RISP.

Pitching on the other hand...

Edited by Eric Notti