• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The AL West

Docwaukee

I still think the Angels' offense is a question mark.  If Hamilton doesn't chew tobacco and/or change the color of his eyes and if all of Pujols' chronic ailments don't magically disappear then the offense won't be that terrifying. Above average but not great.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they will be the best in baseball if they don't trade anyone away.  Granted, it may not be enough, but I think they are going to be closer to 2012 than 2013. 

I'm actually disappointed in the Mariners. I was hoping the Cano contract would initiate a huge spending spree, finally propelling them into contention. I'm surprised they didn't land Napoli, Beltran, and Granderson.

Baby steps.  They could still get Price, Choo and Tanaka.  I could see them bringing back Kendrys too. 

Their seemed pretty bad last year although they do have a bunch of young guys with big arms. 

The Mariners are 2 good moves away from being an 81-83 win team, IMO.

I still don't think they'll be a great team but they're going to be much tougher next year. I think it's possible the AL West has 4 teams above 82 wins next year and the Astros won't be completely terrible if they continue to spend a little bit of money.

Angels better find those 2 starters they need because this division won't be easy to win next year. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they will be the best in baseball if they don't trade anyone away. Granted, it may not be enough, but I think they are going to be closer to 2012 than 2013.

I agree Doc. As of right now, the lineup is ridiculously deep and balanced.

I really think this team is a Matt Garza signing away from being a very good team.

I agree Doc. As of right now, the lineup is ridiculously deep and balanced.

I really think this team is a Matt Garza signing away from being a very good team.

I agree with this. Garza at #3, Richards at #4 and Shoemaker at #5 is a solid four SP, and what I think would be a solid option at #5.

That is an awful sketchy four and five Chuck.  Not to mention who is going to start when the starters go down for a time or two?

Sean, Richards is much better than you think, and a really good #4 in the big leagues. An article on him is incoming!

I saw Richards pitch, not saying he isn't good.  But he should be a 5.  You are counting on two really young pitchers to be keys to us being able to compete in a very tough division.  And again, it does nothing for us having people to pitch when Weaver any of the other starters go down.  I was hoping that is how we could use Shoemaker 

I'm not as enamored with the MOTO as some around here.  With few exceptions, the lineup is old and slow, not exactly a good fit for Scioscia based on the last several years.  Sure, Pujols could find his swing assuming his aging body remains healthy.  Hamilton could exorcise the LHP demons.  Two big "ifs" IMO.  The good news is (1) Trout and (2) they were a decent offensive club without Pujols and with Hamilton flailing against LHP.  

Must get younger.

Filling out the rotation remains a big challenge.  Richards has the stuff to become a legit starter (don't trade him plz).  Can Weavs continue to be successful with a 84-85mph fastball?  We all hope so... 

Edited by 70runner