• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nelson Mandela dead at 95

Lhalo

Ok, I am not trolling here.  But my Mandela info is seriously lacking.  I know NOTHING about him except that he was in a prison, apparently unjustly, for 40 years. 

What did he do exactly which made him a great man?  I came to this thread, and I read the same things I always hear.  Great Man.  Inspiration.

What specifically did he do?  Again, not trolling, just ignorant on the subject.

n March 1960, 69 black anti-apartheid demonstrators were killed by police at Sharpeville. The government declared a state of emergency and banned the ANC. In response, the organisation abandoned its policy of non-violence and Mandela helped establish the ANC's military wing 'Umkhonto we Sizwe' or 'The Spear of the Nation'. He was appointed its commander-in-chief and travelled abroad to receive military training and to find support for the ANC.

They hit. He hit back. Call it what you will.

Ok, I am not trolling here.  But my Mandela info is seriously lacking.  I know NOTHING about him except that he was in a prison, apparently unjustly, for 40 years. 

What did he do exactly which made him a great man?  I came to this thread, and I read the same things I always hear.  Great Man.  Inspiration.

What specifically did he do?  Again, not trolling, just ignorant on the subject.

i'm with you on this, even though i posted early on in the thread. i can't really point to anything specific at this point that he did outside of how he could have been filled with hate, but he wasn't.