• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2 PLAYERS AWAY

You need quality depth to cover inevitable injuries. Do we have that? No. Do we have a farm system? No.

Even if we sign Garza and Colon (Tanaka likely staying in Japan) I see the team winning around 85 games.

Yup. 

The division looks like it's getting better too. Hamilton and Pujols need to be 90% of their former selves for this team to be a 90 win team. If either of them struggles again, it's going to be hard to reach 90 wins. 

Hopefully there is still a trade looming out there that allows us to trade Trumbo and receive a quality starter back. I'm not holding my breath though. 

What is truly the difference between 78 and 90 wins? I am certain we had 12 loses by 1 run last season.  The questions comes down to, how can we turn these 1 run loses into wins?  The simple answer is better pitching, starting and bullpen.  Our offense won us enough games last year to keep from turning into the Astros.  We need two durable Starters.

STOP trading away almost every key prospect!

Even the Skanks became BIG winners from 1996-2000 by holding on to enough prospects (B. Williams, Jeter, Pettitte, Rivera, etc).

Find a freaking happy medium between Stoneman's keep every prospect and Moreno/Reagins' trade them all away! And DON'T deviate from it!

It's not that being 2 players away is the issue.

It's that stupid comment and confirmation from several reporters that the Angels won't go over the CBT.  If we could free spend like the Doggies, we really wouldn't be in the bind we are now.  Heck, if we could go over the CBT, Jerome would probably be our long reliever/emergency starter/depth that we are also so lacking right now.

What is truly the difference between 78 and 90 wins? I am certain we had 12 loses by 1 run last season.  The questions comes down to, how can we turn these 1 run loses into wins?  The simple answer is better pitching, starting and bullpen.  Our offense won us enough games last year to keep from turning into the Astros.  We need two durable Starters.

The Angels record in one- run games (24-28) wasn't that bad or unusual. It was typical for a team that finished with around 78 wins. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/standings/expanded