• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels not shopping Trumbo

SoWhat

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1204-angels-trumbo-20131204,0,2575367.story#axzz2mLz5fydc

"I wouldn't even say we're willing to trade Mark," Dipoto said, shooting down speculation the Angels were looking to deal their young slugger. "We haven't been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can."

that's OK -- but what it means, is that unless we win the bidding war for Tanaka, we won't be getting a front line starter........

more of a fourth/ fifth guy...........unless we deal Kendrick.

I don't think Kendrick is going to get the Angels a Major League starter either.

I think Tanaka and Gaza are both on Jerry's radar.

Again, sign one FA soon, try to get Tanaka and if we fail to get him, sign another FA arm or package Lindsey and Sappington for a young arm and ride Kendrick's contract out and hand the job over to Yarbrough.

I'd personally like to see the Angels sign Garza.  Then try to get Tanaka when he becomes available.  If Tanaka is signed by someone else, the Angels can sign a FA like Colon and then trade Howie for prospect starters who are a couple years out.

Has the team actually said that they are concerned about the CB tax?  I keep seeing writers spec that, but I've never heard it from Arte or any other from the FO

It's gonna be brutal trying to piece together a rotation if they don't trade anyone and don't have more than 15mil to spend on two rotation spots.  Tanaka or bust I guess if that's the case. 

Edited by Dochalo

Wait.... 

Did Jerry Dipoto just tell ALL of MLB that he's only looking to trade Howie Kendrick?   Call this posturing if you will, but doesn't a comment like that cut off your bargaining power with one of your other players?

Wasn't the plan to TRADE for pitching?

Speechless.

That is one way of looking at it.  The other way of looking at it is to see the Angels are willing to go over the luxury tax number.  If that is the case, that is fine by me.

Has the team actually said that they are concerned about the CB tax?  I keep seeing writers spec that, but I've never heard it from Arte or any other from the FO

It's gonna be brutal trying to piece together a rotation if they don't trade anyone and don't have 15mil to spend on two rotation spots.  Tanaka or bust I guess if that's the case. 

I have never heard the FO, Jerry or Arte say it.  It has always been the press.  I think we are seeing the beginnings of the Angels letting it be known they are willing to spend money to put this team together.

From Jeff Fletcher

Angels open to the possibility of getting two FA starters, and not trading anyone. They are aware tough to find 2 good ones for $15M left.

10:54pm - 2 Dec 13

@JeffFletcherOCR: @chazlong21 I predict they’ll sign 2 FAs like Arroyo and Feldman and go over by about $4-5M, then have to make big cuts in ’15

Unfortunately, he's probably right.

I have never heard the FO, Jerry or Arte say it.  It has always been the press.  I think we are seeing the beginnings of the Angels letting it be known they are willing to spend money to put this team together.

Why would letting agents know they are desperate and will spend money be of any help to the Angels?

Bill Stoneman should have a talk with Dipoto about what not to ever say in public.

Again, sign one FA soon, try to get Tanaka and if we fail to get him, sign another FA arm or package Lindsey and Sappington for a young arm and ride Kendrick's contract out and hand the job over to Yarbrough.

Do you want to have the worst farm system in all of baseball for the next 5 years? How is trading more young people in our farm supposed to help the Angels succeed at all in the future.