• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels not shopping Trumbo

SoWhat

I have never heard the FO, Jerry or Arte say it.  It has always been the press.  I think we are seeing the beginnings of the Angels letting it be known they are willing to spend money to put this team together.

Could be, but at some point i would think the have to slow down on the spending especially if the want to retain Trout. This win now metality already appears to be biting the team in the ass think of how bad things will look in 2-3 years if the continue down that path.

Do you want to have the worst farm system in all of baseball for the next 5 years? How is trading more young people in our farm supposed to help the Angels succeed at all in the future.

This. Do not trade any more prospects I don't care who they might bring in. The Halos are going to need all the cheap players they can get in the coming years.

By the way, if the FO seriously thinks Trumbo is worth top flight young starting pitching(like Fletcher suggested), they're completely delusional.

Yes. They missed the boat on dealing him anyway after his all-star season. At this point he is what he is, a .250 hitter who can't get on base who has good power who is starting to get more expensive

they are better off just holding onto him now

I'm fine with keeping everybody as long as they actually get 2 starters that will make a difference. Arroyo and Feldman isn't going to cut it. 

If we can sign 2 of any Tanaka, Garza, Colon, Arroyo, then I would be pretty satisfied. 

I also don't really believe a damn thing a GM says. They can't really leak any information because it may work against them. Remember when Dipoto was looking for pitching and ended up signing Pujols the next day?

so Freese and Smith add 10 mil in payroll and now they have 15mil to spend on two starting pitchers? 

Seriously, they should really trade Aybar at this point.  It probably gets them a decent starter who is club controlled and then they have 24mil to spend on another pitcher, another pen arm, and maybe a decent backup SS. 

Trade Aybar to Boston for Workman etc.

Bid for Tanaka 12per or get Garza 18 per

sign Furcal to play SS on a 1yr 3mil

so Freese and Smith add 10 mil in payroll and now they have 15mil to spend on two starting pitchers? 

Seriously, they should really trade Aybar at this point.  It probably gets them a decent starter who is club controlled and then they have 24mil to spend on another pitcher, another pen arm, and maybe a decent backup SS. 

Trade Aybar to Boston for Workman etc.

Bid for Tanaka 12per or get Garza 18 per

sign Furcal to play SS on a 1yr 3mil

I like the idea of trading one of Kendrick or Aybar to free up some cap space for a couple starters. Not sure I would go anywhere near 18 mil a year for Garza that seems like a big mistake to me, even more so if its 5+ year deal.

I'm sorry..but Dipoto has to be the biggest idiot correlated with management that I've seen in a long time. He's reaching Reagins level now. No craftiness, no awareness of how other teams perceive our team/trade chips, panics and makes non-logical moves (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and saying he panics when he makes these moves, or else..I don't even know what to say). He has 2 months to prove me wrong or I'm done.

Why would anyone believe what he says. It's all posturing.

likely.  didn't get what he wanted first go around.  wait till Choo, Grandy and the rest of the OF/1b crew gets locked up and see who swings back around. 

even though they are desperate for pitching, they have to project otherwise.  Not sure anyone is going to believe it, but it's worth a shot.

What do you want him to say exactly?  Tell the reporter his entire game plan?  Name names?  Say he offered Trumbo, Kendrick, and 2 minor leaguers to the Rays for Price and got turned down?  Say he offered the Mets Aybar for one of their young pitchers and got denied?  Should he inform us that he offered Kazmir 5 million a year?  Name ONE GM that always says the right things 100% of the time and is always honest about EVERY SINGLE MOVE he makes or doesn't make.

What do you want him to say exactly?  Tell the reporter his entire game plan?  Name names?  Say he offered Trumbo, Kendrick, and 2 minor leaguers to the Rays for Price and got turned down?  Say he offered the Mets Aybar for one of their young pitchers and got denied?  Should he inform us that he offered Kazmir 5 million a year?  Name ONE GM that always says the right things 100% of the time and is always honest about EVERY SINGLE MOVE he makes or doesn't make.

Tell them nothing?