• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Ellsbury is worth 150, Trout is worth 400 million

NrM

Let's not go too crazy. 

10/300 should get him.

I agree, but if that's the case, then what is the hold up? Are the angels trying to low ball him? Have they even talked to him about extending? Does Trout not want to sign an extension?

The angels must extend him now. If they don't, who knows how much he'll get.

Edited by Poozy

I agree, but if that's the case, then what is the hold up? Are the angels trying to low ball him? Have they even talked to him about extending? Does Trout not want to sign an extension?

The angels must extend him now. If they don't, who knows how much he'll get.

I think the Angels know they have one more year until they really need to offer him a contract and they will wait until then.  I don't think it is a big deal.

I'd like to see them give Trout a good raise this season though.

Well trout was pretty much the only reason I watched the angels play last year. I have a feeling this will be the same until they actually commit to rebuilding, so I feel like trout should be their number 1 priority.

Call me cynical or w/e, but the way this team is constructed, they're an old under performing team only getting worse.

Edited by Poozy

They aren't going to rebuild with 2 albatross contracts still here. 

Unless Hamilton gets traded and we can save some money and Albert decides to opt out in a few years, I don't see how this team will rebuild. As much as I would like to see the team suffer for a year or 2 to be better in the later part of the decade, it's hard to see a situation where that happens.

When factoring age and injury history.

Honestly, extending trout should be the Angels numbers 1 priority this off season.

Been saying that for six months. Extending Trout now is more important than fixing the pitching. The pitching at best is a short term solution. Trout on your team s er ts up posible great teams in the future. If I was Dipoto I would offer Trout a 20 year 300 million contract that is top heavy and pays more in the first 10 years. That is an AAV of 15 million a year and makes it salary cap friendly. Give Trout an opt out clause after 9 years. Therefore if he wants to test free agency at age 30 he still can and the Angels would have him through his prime.

Then look to trade Aybar Kendrick and Trumbo and rebuild for the future. With Trout locked up long term we can do that. We would have to sacrifice 2013 and maybe 2014. But we could be ready to kick ass by 2015.

Been saying that for six months. Extending Trout now is more important than fixing the pitching. The pitching at best is a short term solution. Trout on your team s er ts up posible great teams in the future. If I was Dipoto I would offer Trout a 20 year 300 million contract that is top heavy and pays more in the first 10 years. That is an AAV of 15 million a year and makes it salary cap friendly. Give Trout an opt out clause after 9 years. Therefore if he wants to test free agency at age 30 he still can and the Angels would have him through his prime.

Then look to trade Aybar Kendrick and Trumbo and rebuild for the future. With Trout locked up long term we can do that. We would have to sacrifice 2013 and maybe 2014. But we could be ready to kick ass by 2015.

I'm actually on-board with this. Trout would surely opt out but that is fine considering the length of the deal knocks down the AAV.