• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: A's not optimistic about keeping Colon

Richard

Bartolo has averaged 170 innings the last three seasons, with an ERA+ of 119.  If he could give us that kind of production in 2014, it would go a LONG way toward solving our starting pitching problems. 

But my concern with him is his health.  I wouldn't guarantee him big money, but would be okay with a contract that rewarded him (heavily, in fact) for staying healthy.  Maybe something like $6 mil guaranteed, with the potential to earn another $5-6 mil for innings milestones (say, $1 mil for 120, 140, 160, 180, and 200 innings pitched).  But I am sure some team will guarantee him closer to $10 mil.

Especially with the guys with worse character flaws the Angels have happily employed, I'm kind of whatever about Colon and his PEDs at this point.

The Angels desperately need starters who don't blow. Colon is a starter of some quality. Makes sense to me.

Edited by jshep

I remember six years ago when he was finishing out his huge contract with the Angels and the majority of the fans were happy to get him and his huge contract off the team. I never thought six years later that we would be talking about signing him to be the Angels #3 or #4 pitcher. With the Angels luck, if they signed him, he would probably be the same injured, and crummy player that he was at the end of his Angels contract.