• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One or PS4?

NrM

Xbox One or PS4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which system will you be getting

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Both
    • Niether

i didn't even try to get on today.

it's a software issue from what i've read, so i don't expect a fix anytime soon for matchmaking.  

it's really sad.  

Well I'm enjoying the remade Halo 2 single player till they fix the MP. It's worth playing through again for the new CGI scenes alone.

Edited by Poozy

My niece-in-law is taking 3 days off from work to devote to Dragon Age Inquisition when it comes out.

She's a huge Skyrim-phile as well, so I'll wait for her verdict before buying it. 

I'm hoping it's fantastic. 

So far, its getting pretty solid reviews...around 90/100.  I guess the main campaign takes around 60-70 hours to complete but also has an open world element that expands that time.  This thing is supposed to be enormous.  I'll be picking it up at Gamestop tonight so I'll be able to be see firsthand soon.

mul, what made you decide on Xbox1 over PS4? I value your gaming opinions on here so that's why I'm asking you.

Actually, TF, I got the Playstion 4 first at the beginning of this year.  So far, I've been impressed with it....very user-friendly, no glitches, the thing looks and plays beautifully.  The only issue I've had with it was the recent update which was causing the system to freeze and you had to unplug to reset, which you are obviously not encouraged to do.  It just happened once and, after another update, things were good.  For me, it wasn't so much about exclusives as it was about the price point and features.  I didn't care about Kinect and had no plans on ever using it so it seemed silly for me to pay $100 extra for the system.  I just wanted a solid gaming platform and the PS4 delivered...so far, I've played Lara Croft, Watch Dogs, Shadows of Mordor and Diablo and haven't been disappointed.  When Microsoft lost the Kinect, drop the price $70 through Costco and gave me two games for free (AC Black Flag and Unity), it seemed like a good deal.  I'm still picking up Dragon Age Inquisition on the PS4 but am interested in getting Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection for XBox One.

Let me know how you like playing the One. If I don't care about playing online, does it really matter which system I get? I have a 360 that I love, would make sense to just stick with Xbox and get the One?

If you're going to be offline, I'd go with the PS4.  The PS4 is considered to be a slightly more power machine although not by a great margin.  The pricepoint is a litte higher right now because they jumped ahead in sales over the XBox so Microsoft has been giving deep discounts to boost their per-unit sales.  Microsoft's focus from the beginning has been "owning your living room" - in other words, having all your multi-media devices functions through the XBox as a main hub, hence the "One" - whcih is why they were relunctant to remove the Kinect as it essentionally gutted their vision.  They also were attempting to incorporate restrictions on used games and constant connection to internet.  Much of this has been ambandoned since the initial announcement due to backlash from gamers and Microsoft has been scramlbing to catch up since then.  In contrast, the PS4 has been a simpler model...no restrictions on used games, no kinect-like focus, reduced online focus.  There haven't been any bundled PS4's yet other than adding in an extra controller or Playstion Plus subscription.  That may change though for the holiday season so I'd be on the lookout for deals at Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, Slickdeals.net, BestBuy.  Once thing, both systems get regular updates so you may miss out on those if you're not on-line.  One way around that I believe is to save it to a flash drive and upload it directly via the USB connection.  Hope that helps. 

Christ, I don't know what to do. Hopefully giving it another 6 months-year will give me time to make my decision.

You've got time...the developers haven't totally abandoned the PS3/XBox 360 but there are differences cropping up already.  Ubisoft came out with two games on the same day - Assassin's Creed Unity for the newer consoles and Assassin's Creed Rogue for the older generation.  Sunset overdrive only came out for the XBox One.  Dragon Age Inquisition is for both this and last generations consoles but BioWare is said to be focusing more on the XBox One/PS4 for the next Mass Effect Trilogy.  There is going to be a transition period 

Edited by mulwin444

Christ, I don't know what to do. Hopefully giving it another 6 months-year will give me time to make my decision.

Just go the PC route.

Much larger library of games, far better sales and discounts(steam sales ftw), free online, free mods and extra content, far less restrictions. Most of the Xbox One and PS4 exclusives end up on pc anyways.

It's what I should've done.

Edited by Poozy

Yeah, i could never get into mouse and keyboard gaming. I've always had consolesome dating back to the 2600.

I've always been the same way, but it's hard to deny that PC gaming does everything better outside of being able to relax on your couch, and play games on your 50 inch tv.

Edited by Poozy

I've always been the same way, but it's hard to deny that PC gaming does everything better outside of being able to relax on your couch, and play games on your 50 inch tv.

I'd assume but console gaming has given me everything I've asked of it so I can't really see that changing anytime soon.  I picked up the new Dragon Age game last night and played about 3 hours of it....it was gorgeous to look at, responsive, no lags when I was connected to the server...the only thing I could probably see being different are the load times. 

it's going to take me awhile to figure out the game play for Dragon Age Inquisition, but I agree, it's a gorgeous game. 

played it for about an hour before bed.  

Yeah, I was switching between normal combat and tactical...trying to get a feel for the battles.  I like that its not the button masher that Dragon Age II was and that enemies are not spawning out of nowhere.  In the menu screen, it allows you to set certain conditions for your party members (aggressive, defensive, etc)...if you have the patience for that stuff. 

So, I was kinda on the fence between the two, but MS had a deal where they'll give you $100 towards an XB1 for trading in an old 360 with power cable, so I sent in my way old 20GB pro console and kept the controller to pair with the 360S console we have.

For what it's worth, I shipped out the old 360 on Thursday and received my $100 code yesterday. Of course, I'm in the same state as the return center, so that likely explains the quick turnaround.

They're running a deal on the MS store site for black Friday that includes the Assassin's Creed bundle plus a free additional game of your choice (ANY GAME... I'll get either GTA5,which I've never played or the new COD) for $329.

So knock $100 off that and I'll have that for around $229.

I'm good with that.

Next gen, here I come.

Edited by RallyMo

How are some of you dudes doing the Black Friday stuff? I refuse to camp in front of stores and body slam someone to save $100.

I don't think you need to camp to get good deals. Online, man.

At least that's what I'm doing for the xbox deal.

Waiting five hours in a line to save $100 doesn't add up.

I can't even begin to understand people that camp for days.