• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

I'll be in Atlanta for that game. Super pumped 

The game is in Dallas.

jk. You suck. My sister and bro-in-law were planning to go (and meet up with NY nephew and niece) but couldn't work it out. I would have gone if they had. 

Jerks 

On August 27, 2017 at 7:31 AM, nando714 said:

Well we know Kal athletics is in jeopardy 

On August 27, 2017 at 10:34 AM, RallyMo said:

Not football.

If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one around to hear it . . . 

5 hours ago, nate said:

It is the football stadium that is bankrupting them. 

If the costs of the seismic retrofit component of the stadium were covered by the campus for the athletic department like the costs are for seismic retrofit on the buildings used by other departments, this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Maybe the new chancellor could do something about this given the severity of the problem.

Hmmmmm...

I would be so pissed, I mean UCLA had to raise all the money for their football facility on their own.  If the State has to pay the $275m for the retrofitting that is BS.  If Cal couldn't afford it then they should have gotten rid of the football team or worked out a lease with the 49ers stadium or something.

6 hours ago, RallyMo said:

...does anybody realize that the falling tree has a better record over the past two seasons than another tree that is firmly planted in LA?

Nope.

lol @ 2 seasons. You're adorable. 

We have the same amount of wins over fbs schools over the last 2 seasons. You see, unlike cal, we don't schedule teams like: Grambling St, Sacramento St,Portland St, Southern Utah, Presbyterian or UC Davis - all schools cal has beaten over the last 7 seasons. 

Over the last 3 seasons? We have a better record 

4 seasons? Ditto

5 seasons? Ditto

6 seasons? Ditto

7 seasons? Ditto

I think you get the picture.

We've also beaten cal 3 of the last 4 times we've played, and are 52-33-1 all-time.

The End. 

4 hours ago, nate said:

I would be so pissed, I mean UCLA had to raise all the money for their football facility on their own.  If the State has to pay the $275m for the retrofitting that is BS.  If Cal couldn't afford it then they should have gotten rid of the football team or worked out a lease with the 49ers stadium or something.

Who the hell was going to donate that much money for cal football? 

18 hours ago, Lou said:

We have the same amount of wins over fbs schools over the last 2 seasons.

Wow, you guys have the same number of wins as a school that just fired their coach and had a far, far less talented roster on the basis of recruiting rankings? Color me impressed.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

You see, unlike cal, we don't schedule teams like: Grambling St, Sacramento St,Portland St, Southern Utah, Presbyterian or UC Davis - all schools cal has beaten over the last 7 seasons.

That's true, and a legitimate point in this perspective. However, I don't think it would have resulted in more wins for you guys had you scheduled a lesser opponent each year early on, just less wear and tear on some of your players.

Maybe not scheduling lesser opponents for you guys is a truly stupid move that can affect a the team later on in a grueling season that's already full of challenging teams, even if it comes at the expense of the completely empty "Relative Scheduling Superiority" trophy you can claim here. It seems that just about every team schedules a considerable weakling each year. Cal has to face UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington and Stanford on a yearly basis. At this point, I'm ok with us having a cupcake each year. It's not like we don't schedule any big name programs otherwise. Our SOS is always amongst the toughest even with patsies included.

To quote some guy that posts here with some regularity come each January: ROLL TIDE ROLL. Perhaps y'all should hook up with Alabama's scheduling people.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

We've also beaten cal 3 of the last 4 times we've played, and are 52-33-1 all-time.

Cal is 7-6 in the Rally era, and before that I was (and still am) a huge UCLA fan as I came from a Bruin household. I've pretty much enjoyed the UCLA-Cal series for the entirety of my life.

As far as overall history: I strongly cherish the memories of our 5 national championships from 1920 to 1937, as I'm sure you cherish the memories of UCLA's football title in 1954.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

The End. 

The End?

Probably not. I imagine that this will be bookmarked and we're certain to see an iteration of "I agree" when you guys wipe the floor with us this year.

23 hours ago, nate said:

Get ready to be so pissed.

Maybe.

Final 2016 SOS:

1. Alabama 

33. Cal 

2017 SOS:

1.  Alabama

71. Cal - a few spots behind perennial powerhouses Troy and Army, and a few ahead of GA Southern, LA Tech and Middle Tenn. ( 13 behind Appalachian St and 31 behind LA Monroe.

Forgive me if I'm not overly impressed with your sc, UCLA, Wash, Stanford annual gauntlet.