• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun Last 17 starts - basehits

Dude is on fire ! If it wasn't for a one at bat game he would have a 17 game hitting streak right now. Regardless of him not making spectacular plays every game or having spectacular hits, he PRODUCES every single game. Aside from his hits, he has some pop and is an RBI machine. What do you guys think, what's his ceiling? Even though he only ha 150 + ab's his numbers are resembling his minor league numbers, so he should have a great upside right? Where will he fit in the lineup this year and how expendable are Bourjous, Trumbo, or even himself?

Considering his lack of pedigree and height (5'10 at most. I've stood next to him and I doubt the 5'10 listing) I wxpect he needs to produce for a longer period of time at the MLB level before having legitimate trade value.

Despite having more than 3 years of service time I expect Bourjos and Trumbo have more trade value.

so calhoun basically makes hamiton expendable, and the emergence of trout and trumbo has made the pujols signing unncessary.

Thanks Arte.   the team could have basically been the same, or probably better, and saved 375+ million dollars, if you had been chained to the rockpile during the 2011 and 2012 offseasons

Considering his lack of pedigree and height (5'10 at most. I've stood next to him and I doubt the 5'10 listing) I wxpect he needs to produce for a longer period of time at the MLB level before having legitimate trade value.

Despite having more than 3 years of service time I expect Bourjos and Trumbo have more trade value.

Dustin-Pedroia.jpg

Calhoun has always been the guy that has to do a little extra to make people believe he's legit. 

Was solid straight out of college. 

Smoked A-ball

Came to spring and impressed enough to skip AA and did very well in AAA

He had a rough spring this year and everyone was assuming he was gonna fail from that point.  On top of it, he gets injured and misses some time. 

So what does he do right out of the gate when he gets back?  He rakes.

Finally gets the call and he produces. 

I think its about time that people stop wondering when this guy is finally going to act his tools. 

His ASU bio lists Pedroia as his favorite athlete.

His approach at the plate is impressive.  He is patient, but aggressive.  He drives the ball to left center very well.  For those that are into such things, he plays hard, too.  His defense is better than he showed at first this year. The Angels need someone at the top of the order like Kole Calhoun.  They've lacked it for most part, lately.   I like Bourjos' upside.   I don't hate Trumbo.   They've gotta hold on to Calhoun. 

I think Calhoun is here to stay. Bourjos/Trumbo are expendable if the pitching we can acquire for them is good. Hamilton/Pujols are going to be in the lineup no matter what, so we are just gonna have to bite that bullet. Trumbo's pop is nice, Bourjos' defense is nice. I think Bourjos would have more upside than Trumbo on the trade market.

???

Calhoun

Trout

Pujols

Hamilton

Should be our 1-5 next season.

I love what he's done & hope he gets to start next season, but If he's moved then it should be for nothing short of a big time young arm

I believe he has earned the start spot over both PB and Trumbo at this point.  However, he should be marketed for trade.  I has said all along trade either PB, Trumbo or Calhoun and give up the one who gives us the best package.

so calhoun basically makes hamiton expendable, and the emergence of trout and trumbo has made the pujols signing unncessary.

Thanks Arte.   the team could have basically been the same, or probably better, and saved 375+ million dollars, if you had been chained to the rockpile during the 2011 and 2012 offseasons

I love what Calhoun is doing, but I can't take a 140 ABs performance and override what Hamilton has done for five years.  Or Pujols for a decade.  BTW Trumbo's best performance is Pujols worst in numbers.

Thanks Arte. the team could have basically been the same, or probably better, and saved 375+ million dollars, if you had been chained to the rockpile during the 2011 and 2012 offseasons

I'm sure Arte has thought about this, considering it is his $375 million.

• 2 weeks later...

I love what Calhoun is doing, but I can't take a 140 ABs performance and override what Hamilton has done for five years.  Or Pujols for a decade.  BTW Trumbo's best performance is Pujols worst in numbers.

Living in the past is what got us into this mess in the first place. What Hamilton did in 2010 and Pujols in 2001-2011 has about zero relevance in 2013 going on 2014.

Like Pujols says, "my numbers speak for themselves" AKA "shut up and let me collect my paycheck"

Living in the past is what got us into this mess in the first place. What Hamilton did in 2010 and Pujols in 2001-2011 has about zero relevance in 2013 going on 2014.

Like Pujols says, "my numbers speak for themselves" AKA "shut up and let me collect my paycheck"

Based on yoir logic Hamilton has clearly outplayed Calhoun since Calhoun has been called up. After all you said what a player does in the past is irrelevant. Hamilton has been a stud for about five weeks.

Based on yoir logic Hamilton has clearly outplayed Calhoun since Calhoun has been called up. After all you said what a player does in the past is irrelevant. Hamilton has been a stud for about five weeks.

Last 5 weeks (since Aug 20th)

Hamilton:  .867 OPS

Calhoun:  .866 OPS

*headscratch*