• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Legislature Approves Driver's Licenses For Undocumented Immigrants

It's definitely somewhat of a strawman but I think it's hard to discuss this issue when you feel that the issue shouldn't even exist. Almost all of these people shouldn't have to worry about being illegal. Once we solve that then giving out licenses to the tiny fraction of illegals becomes a near non-issue.

Edited by HaloMagic

I truly don't understand why we don't make it easier for people to be in the country legally.

This country is at such a capacity that it can't handle the population.  Why let others in.

If I were in charge we would have turrets at the borders and it would be open season on anyone they saw trying to sneak in.

If I've learned one thing in my time overseas it's that the unskilled labor market is global. The people who could actually do something about "illegal immigration" are the ones who stand to profit from it. Once you accept the fact that nobody is going to stop them from coming here...ever....then you can get on with your life and let them get on with theirs.

Illegals drive throw away cars. Cars that are not insured and not registered. Giving them a license does not make them safe drivers, it means they now have a valid ID that wrongfully gives them a link to being a citizen. Everytime you hear a politician say, "we are doing this to make you safe." it really means "im buying more votes" The day I retire im out of this state, I just hope I can hold out that long.

So here is a question.  What happens when other states refuse to recognize a CA drivers license?  If illegals have it, then it really isn't a legitimate ID right?  Birthdate, I remember you had to have a birth certificate.  So that number can be ficticious.  Why should any state trust anyone with a CA drivers license now?

So here is a question.  What happens when other states refuse to recognize a CA drivers license?  If illegals have it, then it really isn't a legitimate ID right?  Birthdate, I remember you had to have a birth certificate.  So that number can be ficticious.  Why should any state trust anyone with a CA drivers license now?

They can't.  Full faith in credit clause kicks in.

I truly don't understand why we don't make it easier for people to be in the country legally.

There are many reasons.  For one thing unemployment is already very high, each person you let in the country adds to it.

Not to mention that in most cases the people are under educated and impoverished.

The most successful countries socially and financially have zero or negative population growth.