• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

moderately interesting comment re: Trout in Keith Law chat

405z06

I took it like lt did but I see what you are saying tdawg, it could read like that.

Anyway, this is one of those stories where people who like Sosh are not going to believe it and people who don't are going to.

Typical aw fare.

Scioscia needs to go. I've seen/heard more than enough to believe this way. 

He he doesn't sign in the off season then a trade would be wise.

I don't think necessarily after this offseason.  But if he has one year left, possibly 2 years left more towards the trade deadline before his final year.  You have to consider it.  

I'm thinking in the lines of what the Rangers got for Teixeirra type trade.  

I don't think necessarily after this offseason.  But if he has one year left, possibly 2 years left more towards the trade deadline before his final year.  You have to consider it.  

I'm thinking in the lines of what the Rangers got for Teixeirra type trade.  

let's all hope it doesn't come to that.

Overall, players just don't stay with one team much anymore.

I think chances are Trout ends up playing someplace else.  Not because his agent doesn't like Dipoto or Arte, not because he hates playing for Sosh, but simply because the odds are players don't stay with one team much.

Hope he does though, he's easily the best homegrown player the Angels have ever produced. 

I agree Law is overblowing it but I don't agree Trout and his agent would be idiots to pass on such a deal.  In his arbitration years Trout could (and should) set the record for 1st, 2nd and 3 year arbitration eligible players.  He could get 40M or more between those 3 years and when he hits FA we would likely see the biggest contract ever handed out.  Obviously a contract now is guaranteed money but if he's healthy Trout will have no worries financially and can decide where he plays before he even enters the prime of his career.

Yes they are idiots if they turn it down.  If he is likely 40 million for his three years of arbitration that means all Trout can count on is a four year 40.5 million dollars non guaranteed contract for the next four years.  And a lot can happen in those four years.  I am willing to bet that Kendrys Morales felt he was going to make a ton of money on arbitration and break the bank in FA too.  

250 million guaranteed for ten years regardless of regression or injury is too much to pass up.

Even if he got those 40 million you say he will get in arb. that means the last SIX years of the contract would be worth 210 million dollars.  That is averaging 35 million a season.  Trout wouldn't be offered 35 million a season if he was a FA at the end of this year.  So waiting would be stupid.  

Personally I think 180 million would get it done.

Overall, players just don't stay with one team much anymore.

I think chances are Trout ends up playing someplace else.  Not because his agent doesn't like Dipoto or Arte, not because he hates playing for Sosh, but simply because the odds are players don't stay with one team much.

Hope he does though, he's easily the best homegrown player the Angels have ever produced. 

I think it's less about whether he EVER plays for another team, and more about making sure his prime years are played here and he doesn't bolt as soon as he is eligible.

I don't question if he is the real deal. However, career ending injuries can happen at any point or worse yet a severe injury that limits his skill set. It happens quite often to athletes. 

I don't question if he is the real deal. However, career ending injuries can happen at any point or worse yet a severe injury that limits his skill set. It happens quite often to athletes. 

which is why Trout would sign a mega deal (180 million range not 250) and not risk injury.

I think everybody here would agree that the Halos need Scioscia at the helm more than they need Trout on the field.

I hope there is a sarcasm button.  However, I do not see Trout as a prima donna who would have problems playing for a particular manager.  Especially one who isn't an "in  your face" type manager and more of a player friendly manager like Sosh.

Scioscia needs to go. I've seen/heard more than enough to believe this way.

I've heard nothing about Trout's relationship with Scioscia.

I have heard former teammates (through various social connections) that Scioscia is a total asshole -- a lot of folks really can't stand him.

I also believe Law is very careful about what he says. Yes, he states stuff for a reaction. However, there is almost always facts and solid sourcing when he makes such claims.

Scioscia needs to go.

Kate Upton could be the manager right now and players will not like her, simply because the team is losing. If a player leaves a team primarily because of the manager, then that would be a poor decision. In today's baseball climate, there is a good chance that manager will end up going to that team where that player signed with. There is also no guarantee the new manager will be better.

Remember that Sosh was respected by the players when the team was winning. I doubt his managerial skills and personality has changed recently. Winning solves everything.

April 25th 2011 Scioscia said the Angels will promote Trout only if there is a significant role for him. 

“It’s not as simple as Mike Trout coming up and being the answer. He’s not the finished product.

He’s still learning stuff every day. Where he is right now is where he needs to be.”

April 27th 2011  Dipoto sent Abreu packing and called up this unfinished product.

How's that working out Sosh?

Signed,

Mike Trout