• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB trade rumors top 34 FA SP

Erstad Grit

Tanaka looks like the guy we should be going after.

Unfortunately, when you look at that list, I think a lot of teams  will come to that conclusion...not everybody will be able to afford him but it will still be a very competitive market, that's for sure...

I think the bottom line is that we are probably going to have to get in the trade market for starting pitching.....

Edited by DMVol

Unfortunately, when you look at that list, I think a lot of teams  will come to that conclusion...not everybody will be able to afford him but it will still be a very competitive market, that's for sure...

I think the bottom line is that we are probably going to have to get in the trade market for starting pitching.....

Yup.  I think the Angels' biggest SP acquisition will be through a trade (using some combo of Kendrick, Trumbo, Bourjos), and then they will go after one of the cheaper FA veteran guys like Westbrook, Hammel, Hudson, etc as the 5th starter.  Re-sign Vargas to a club-friendly deal and that's a pretty solid rotation (obviously depending on who that big trade is for).  

Then you have Richards as your 6th man/insurance, and Williams as your long man in the pen/6th/7th guy.

Yup.  I think the Angels' biggest SP acquisition will be through a trade (using some combo of Kendrick, Trumbo, Bourjos), and then they will go after one of the cheaper FA veteran guys like Westbrook, Hammel, Hudson, etc as the 5th starter.  Re-sign Vargas to a club-friendly deal and that's a pretty solid rotation (obviously depending on who that big trade is for).  

Then you have Richards as your 6th man/insurance, and Williams as your long man in the pen/6th/7th guy.

I think Richards has earned the right to be penciled into the rotation at this point, unless he just falls apart down the stretch....I would try to resign Vargas and then go all in for Tanaka and/or a trade or trades....not sure there will be starters available on the trade market that most on here are hoping for, unless you overpay....we'll see....

Talk about uninspiring. I'd be somewhat interested in Garza, but not for the price. Tanaka? Maybe, but probably not for the price. Lincecum? Maybe, but not for the price.

It might be interesting to take a flier on Roy Halladay.

But, in the end, it looks like the Angels will have to get creative and trade for someone. Most teams don't trade young, proven starting pitchers, so they'll probably have to go after some prospects and/or players with question marks, or older pitchers.

All the more reason to make sure Vargas re-signs.