• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Texas Banned Tesla Motors

nate

Texas is one of 48 states challenging Tesla's attempt to sell cars without a franchised dealership in their state. Although I see no problem with direct sales, the problem is if you leave California you may or may not find any place to have your car repaired in the other states. Many of the other states have just one place to have the car serviced or repaired. I guess for those that can afford a $75K electric car that is of little consequence.

I'm surprised it wasn't the oil companies.  Regardless, this isn't as simplistic as he makes it.  There are always going to be people or groups putting undue influence on politicians.

This has been happening long before corporate lobbyists even existed.

Ya we could have had electric cars by now if we really wanted.  Problem is like Eric said is where to do the repairs but that would not be hard to catch up with if there were enough of them on the road. Vehicle like this is not for the average person though, nice looking car if you are the celebrities they showed.  Interesting piece though because I can see the side of the franchised dealership and the guy trying to market the Tesla also. 

To me if he has the money to build the car, buy a lot and put up a structure....let him sell it to whoever wants it....or can afford it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought their stock at 25$. I dont think I'll ever sell it. The model s is like a 5 series BMW. The roadster is a lotus with better performance.

I love me some twin turbo V6 in the 911's, 5.0 V8 in the recent mustang, 7.0 V8 in the c6 z06. Tesla can perform as well as any of those cars and use zero gas. 

Bought their stock at 25$. I dont think I'll ever sell it. The model s is like a 5 series BMW. The roadster is a lotus with better performance.

I love me some twin turbo V6 in the 911's, 5.0 V8 in the recent mustang, 7.0 V8 in the c6 z06. Tesla can perform as well as any of those cars and use zero gas. 

that was a good buy at $25. i got in at the IPO but i dont know that i'll hold it forever, or even that much longer.

they are doing well, but the fundamentals dont support the current valuation.

it feel bubblish lately. 

quick facts: tesla is selling 20,000 cars a year, with a $22b valuation. thats about $1,100,000 / car.

BMW on the other hand is selling 1.85m cars a year, with a $53b valuation. thats about $28,000 / car.

^ that is not sustainable.

that was a good buy at $25. i got in at the IPO but i dont know that i'll hold it forever, or even that much longer.

it feel bubblish lately. 

quick facts: tesla is selling 20,000 cars a year, with a $22b valuation. thats about $1,100,000 / car.

BMW on the other hand is selling 1.85m cars a year, with a $53b valuation. thats about $28,000 / car.

Yikes.  They are expanding production quite a bit now though right?

Tesla's value isnt in the hard dollar valuation. It's how they project to dominate moving forward. IMO  they will not be stopped. 

And the roadster goes 0-60 half a second quicker than the latest lotus elise. Max torque available at lower RPMs makes it more practical for fun in real life driving situations.  MAYBE the elise beats it around the track, but instant torque is a beautiful thing at a stop light.

• 1 month later...

tesla's bubble may have popped.

quicker than even i thought.

down over 6% today.

i still love them, and might buy one of their cars, but again i just dont see the math working out.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/10/tesla-motors-inc-tsla-stock-fall-on-baird-downgrade/

Down another 10% today. The company is coming under scrutiny for it's accounting practices.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-tesla-20131118,0,1240605.story#axzz2l37EgmlL

• 9 years later...
On 9/25/2013 at 11:46 AM, mrwicked said:

it feel bubblish lately. 

how do those numbers look today?

and did you ever buy one for yourself?

On 2/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, Tank said:

how do those numbers look today?

and did you ever buy one for yourself?

That same post could have been made everyday since with the only change being that the numbers kept going up.

That said I would 100% sell any Tesla stock now if I had it, that shit is only going to go down.