• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who is more likely to rebound in 2014?

Chuck

Who has the better 2014 Season?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. More likely to Rebound in 2014?

• Mark Trumbo
    • Josh Hamilton
    • None of the Above

What happens to players when they quit juicing?  Do they lose a lot of weight?  Do they get injured or have nagging issues which affect their performance?  Do they see a sudden drop in their statistical performance?  Does this also coincide with signing a new contract?

Trumbo is the modern day Rob Deer.

Can you guess how I voted?

What happens to players when they quit juicing? Do they lose a lot of weight? Do they get injured or have nagging issues which affect their performance? Do they see a sudden drop in their statistical performance? Does this also coincide with signing a new contract?

Trumbo is the modern day Rob Deer.

Can you guess how I voted?

Rob Deer is an insult to Mr Deer.

Trumbo is a Bobby Hamelin.

Ron Deer had a career OBP of .324. Entering tonight Trumbo's was less than .300.

Quite honestly Josh Hamilton would be the last guy in baseball I would suspect of taking PEDs. Considering how frequently he is tested + his known history he is watched like a hawk. This plus he knows anything can trigger a total life collapse.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton finished with better numbers than Trumbo this year. If Hamilton has a big month, and Trumbo continues to suck, it could happen. I don't see Trumbo being better than Josh next year.

I mean Hamilton already has a higher OBP and BA than Trumbo, and his OPS is now only 18 points lower than Trumbo's. 

Edited by FireThemAll

Rob Deer's 11 year average was a BA of .220 with 32 HRs and 198Ks.  Trumbo is the new Rob Deer

The first player who came to mind for me was Dave Kingman, but Rob Deer is probably a better comparison. Kingman had 442 career home runs, and I don't see Trumbo lasting in the majors long enough to get nearly that many.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Define "Rebound". 

If by rebound, do I think Pujols will play more games in 2014 and thus put up better numbers by virtue of getting into more of a groove, yes.  Will Pujols be as good as he was before?  No.  But .270 40 DB 25 HR's would be a rebound of sorts.

At the same time, Hamilton's got nowhere to go but up.  His pitch recognition this year is so bad it doesn't seem like the type he'll ever recover from. But he'll have to be a little better, with perhaps a little less pressure.  .250 and 25 HR's would also be a rebound.  

I think Pujols and Hamilton will both be about as valuable as I expect Kole Calhoun to be next year.  All will be solid players.  But only Calhoun will be worth his paycheck.